Spring is upon us (although this may be questionable depending on where you reside ha-ha); and with spring comes the traditional spring cleaning-both inside the house (gutter cleaning tools for two story house) and out, and yes this includes the dreaded gutters, which is most likely a pain for just about anyone. Although tedious, cleaning the gutters can be made even more bearable if you have the proper gutter cleaning tools. Depending on the type of tool that you may use, it may not efficiently remove the leaves, twigs, and various other debris that you are trying to get rid of; luckily for you this is where we here at Review Cart come in, providing you with the top 5 best gutter cleaning tools of 2020. Let’s get started shall we?
List of Top 5 Best Gutter Cleaning Tools 2020
- 1 List of Top 5 Best Gutter Cleaning Tools 2020
Product Power Source Batteries Required? Buy Dry Vacuum Gutter Cleaning Kit Manual No Gutter Sense Gutter Cleaning Tool Manual No Chomp Smop Gutter Cleaning Tool Manual No Gutter Getter 00301 Rake Manual No Long Reach Gutter Cleaning Tools Manual No
WORKSHOP Wet Dry Vacuum Gutter Cleaning Kit WS25051A 2-1/2-Inch Wet Dry Shop Vacuum Accessories Designed For Gutter Cleaning
The features of the WORKSHOP Gutter Cleaning Kit consist of a 90 degree elbow that directs the shop vacuum’s power into the gutters allowing the user to blow or collect the debris in the rain gutters, as well as a 2-1/2-inch diameter that allows for larger sized debris collection and maximum airflow which is ideal for a gutter cleaning kit and to get that debris that is just simply hard to reach. This wet dry vacuum gutter cleaning kit comes equipped with wet dry vacuum accessories that will fit most shop vacuums utilizing a 2-1/2-inch diameter hose, in addition to two additional extension wands that allows you to extend your reach, after all what is a wet dry vacuum gutter cleaning kit if you can’t reach your gutters.
- The want extension is perfect for those who rather not climb up and down a pesky ladder; this product is also very well made and durable, being able to stand up to even the toughest debris.
- It is also very reasonably priced, costing only about $33.00 on Amazon.
- The curved tube that comes with this product can split down the middle fairly easily, which obviously can be a huge problem.
- Also, even though you can operate this from the ground, if you do need to climb up on a ladder you will have to drag the shop vac up with you which is incredibly dangerous.
Gutter Sense Gutter Cleaning Tool
The Gutter Sense Cleaning Tool is equipped with paddles that are approximately 2.5 inches wide, and also comes with tongs that spread for a 14″ wide grasp to make it easier to grab that hard to reach debris. This particular gutter cleaning tool will also fit on an ordinary extension pole or a standard handle;
- The Gutter Sense Gutter cleaning costs about $30.00 on Amazon and is incredibly lightweight and is usable for up to two stories; it grabs incredibly easy, while also being easy to use.
- Essentially, the Gutter Sense is an over-sized pair of tongs and it may seem like it would not do an effective job but it is highly efficient!
- The rope that comes with the Gutter Sense is fairly short so depending on the height that you are trying to reach, you may have to use an extension cord.
- Also, unless you are cleaning the gutters of a fairly small building, be prepared to deal with the exertion of holding the pole over your head for an extended period of time.
Chomp Smop Gutter Cleaning Tool
The Chomp Smop is a gutter cleaning tool that will only cost you $25.00 or so on Amazon and is comprised of 90% Cotton/10% Nylon; the Chomp Smop can be used on just about all gutter shapes, and is both washable and reusable. Another feature of the Chomp Smop is that it can also be used with Chomp Gutter Cleaner, which adds in getting your gutter as clean as possible! This gutter cleaning tool instantly removes black streaks and has a scrub free formula – just wet and wipe clean!
- This tool (with the additional cleaning agent) is ideal for removing those irritating “tiger-marks” from your gutters and will undoubtedly leaving your gutters gleaming.
- The Chomp Smop also fits on a standard extension pole for those hard to reach areas.
- Although the Smop will work with any other cleaning solution, it works just as amazing with the Chomp gutter cleaner as well.
- One of the most misleading things about the Gutter Sense is that when it arrives, it seems as though it is part of a whole kits, as it says “Not For Individual Sale” on the back of the package; you will have to purchase the extension pole separately, which is a bit unusual but the tool still works amazing.
- There also has been some difficulty keeping the tool attached to the extension pole and coming off easily.
Gutter Getter 00301 Rake
The Gutter Getter can be attached to any standard threaded extension handle for your convenience; it is also designed to reach over and under gutter hangers and to clean those hard to reach places that you may not be able to get to with a ladder. Another great feature of the Gutter Getter is the built-in hook that lets it hang conveniently from the gutter while you scoop out debris or have to move the ladder.
- Slender design lets you clean even very narrow gutters; the ability to attach it to any standard pole allows you to reach almost six inches (depending on the pole) in either direction and eliminates numerous moves of the ladder.
- Also, if you are an Amazon Prime member, it will only cost you about $12 bucks, which is pretty reasonable.
- The “rake” portion (designed to for you to pull the debris towards) is pretty inept and not designed all that well; the end of the rake isn’t able to reach under gutters effectively so you may not be able to pull leaves or anything else out to clean them.
Mr. LongArm 3212 Pro-Pole Extension Pole 6-to-12 Foot
This particular version of the longer (long reach gutter cleaning tools) can extend 6 – 12 feet and has a fluted handle design for an efficient and comfortable grip while you are cleaning those pesky gutters. The external chuck and collet design on the LongArm makes for a secure locking device, and the lightweight duty pole is made up of 1-1/6-Inch composite fiberglass handle and anodized 7/8-Inch aluminum slider tube.
- You can purchase the LongArm at various extensions, anywhere from a 2-foot extension, going all the way up to 18 feet so it provides a huge amount of options for you, which is a bonus.
- It is incredibly easy to use, as well as to extend and another huge plus is that you can use it for more than just cleaning gutters (i.e. washing windows, changing light bulbs on high ceilings and can even be used for painting) and who doesn’t love a diverse product?! It is also fairly inexpensive, costing only about $25.00.
- There have been some issues with the pole breaking only after a few uses, especially if it is a plastic thread and not metal.
- There are LongArm gutter cleaning tools out there that have the metal parts so I would definitely go for those.
- Best Full Motion Corner TV Mount Reviews 2020
- Best Lift Chair to Sleep 2020
- Best Compression Sock Aid 2020
- Best 27 Inch Wall Oven Microwave Combo 2020
- Best Choice Laser Tag Guns for Home Use 2020
- Best Keter Folding Compact Workbench Work Table With Clamps 2020
- Outdoor Portable Folding Car Parking Garage 2020
- Highest Rated Water Softener 2020
- Best Commercial Pressure Washer for the Money
Overall, there are numerous brands of gutter cleaning tools out there, so be sure to do adequate research; I would recommend to avoid the ones that have the plastic thread on the poles and go for the ones that have metal. Also be sure to gauge how much of an extension you will need to access your gutters without putting too much of a strain on you or your arms. Out of the gutter cleaning tools (gutter sense gutter cleaning tool home depot) above, I would recommend the LongArm simply because it has so many uses and is versatile so you’re definitely getting more bang for your buck!