Massages – who does not love a good massage?? I know I certainly do! Unfortunately, we do not always have the time to schedule an appointment at a spa, or sometimes it’s just simply not in the budget. Handheld massager are increasingly becoming more and more popular and offers convenience and the pleasure of a massage without leaving the comfort of your own home (and what better way to unwind after a long day of work than with a nice glass of wine and a muscle massager to get those kinks out?). Even so, finding the best cordless massager can be a bit difficult at times, with there being so many out there on the market right now. So in order to help you with your search, let’s take a look at some of the best strongest handheld back & percussion massagers in 2020 thus far:
List of Handheld Massagers Reviewed 2020
- 1 List of Handheld Massagers Reviewed 2020
- 2 Oster Professional 103 Stim-U-Lax Massager
- 2.1 Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager Electric Back Massage with Heat and Deep Tissue for Muscle Pain Relief, 6 Interchangeable Nodes, Wide-range Adjustable Speed – Gray
- 2.2 Homedics PM-50 Hand Held Mini Massager with Hand Grip, Battery Operated (Color May Vary)
- 2.3 The Thunderstick Supercharged Wand Massager, Black
Product Type Weight Check out Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless Massager Body Hand Held 3.2 pounds Oster Professional 103 Stim-U-Lax Massager Heavy-duty 2.8 pounds Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager Electric Hand Held 3.2 pounds Thunderstick Supercharged Wand Massager, Black Hand Held 1.5 pounds Hand Held Mini Massager with Hand Grip Hand Held 6.4 ounces
Pure-Wave CM7 Cordless Massager Body + Facial (Dual Mode) for Foot, Legs, Neck, Back, Shoulders (white)
Let’s just get the price of the Pure-Wave CM7 out the way right now- this will cost you about $125.00 so it is one of the pricier handheld pure wave back massagers out there. Even so this particular handheld massager definitely seems to be worth the price tag that comes along with it; the Pure-Wave CM7 is a powerful (and cordless) precision massager. It comes equip with a high speed percussion motor that moves up to 3,700 RPM, not to mention a facial micro-vibration motor on the handle side that operates up to 10,000 RPM; there is also a variable speed option to adjust intensity of percussion or vibration. The cordless design of this best handheld therapeutic massager is great for stress relieving on the go or just simply relaxing at home (and it is amazing for post workout and muscle recovery)!
- The repetitive acute percussion therapy effectively relieves muscle tension, knots, spasms, aches and pain; it also helps to release trigger points, increase blood flow, relax muscles and gain a greater range of motion overall.
- The Pure-Wave is perfect to use on areas such as the neck, back, legs and feet; there are also five uniquely designed percussion attachments, including a bonus facial attachment.
- As we noted, this particular massager is a bit on the pricey side which may be an issue if you’re on a budget; there has also been instances where the massager does not hold a steady charge, even if left to charge overnight.
Oster Professional 103 Stim-U-Lax Massager
The Oster Professional is a sleek handheld massager, costing about $80.00 on Amazon; the Oster is made up of 100% ball bearing construction and has a traditional frame design that allows the massager to contour to your hand and reduce hand fatigue. It is housed in chrome and has a rubber hand pad designed for optimal comfort; although it is not the cheapest handheld massager on the market, the price is fairly reasonable.
- The Oster is ideal for individuals who may experience daily chronic pain from issues such as sciatica, arthritis, even disc degeneration.
- There are additional brushes that you can purchase separately on Amazon as well if you find that you need extras.
- Unfortunately this massager only operates on one speed which is kind of disappointing considering that you may want a different tempo depending on what area of your body that you are massaging.
- Also, this massager, although durable, is a bit on the heavy side so you may have some difficulty keeping it on your hand.
Naipo Handheld Percussion Massager Electric Back Massage with Heat and Deep Tissue for Muscle Pain Relief, 6 Interchangeable Nodes, Wide-range Adjustable Speed – Gray
The Naipo percussion handheld electric massager comes with six interchangeable massage nodes (made of plastic or silicone) and will provide you with an amazing deep tissue massage experience (best deep tissue back massager), the Naipo also works well to promote stress relief on various body parts such as back, foot (best handheld foot massager), leg, calf, neck, shoulder and anywhere else where there is tension. Another feature of the Naipo are the various speeds that you can manipulate- whether you prefer a gentler massage experience or a more intense one, simply rotate the rotary control select an intensity level that meets your needs, that simple!
- The Naipo comes with an impressive motor that can work out even the toughest of kinks; the ergonomic design of the Naipo also makes the massager incredibly easy to grip, not to mention there is a heat option that you can select that will aid in working out those stiff muscles with a gentle, yet penetrating heat.
- There have been some instances where the heat option did not in fact work which is a huge disappointment; also, although it has several speed options, the faster speeds may be a bit to rough depending on what it is that you’re looking for.
Homedics PM-50 Hand Held Mini Massager with Hand Grip, Battery Operated (Color May Vary)
The Homedics handheld massager will undoubtedly relax and invigorate your entire body within a matter of minutes. It’s convenient, portable design allows you to take this massager on the go so you can relieve that pesky stress anywhere. It has a comfortable hand grip that reduces the chances of hand fatigue, with a compact design for better ease of use. Although it’s not guaranteed that all the colors will be in stock, there are some cool color options out there including green, pink, and blue.
- Due to the sleek design, the Homedics massager is incredibly easy to hold so no worries about the massager slipping out of your hands.
- Although small in size, this massager is pretty powerful and will definitely get those knots and pains out.
- There was one instance where the once the massager was turned on it would not shut off, which can obviously be annoying.
- There was also a case where the massager arrived broken so be aware of the validity of any warranty that may be offered prior to purchasing.
The Thunderstick Supercharged Wand Massager, Black
Although there is the temptation to chuckle at the name of this handheld massager, the Thunderstick massager costs about $40.00 on Amazon and comes with a variable speed setting option so that you can select the appropriate amount of speed and intensity for your needs. It is perfect for getting those kinks out of your neck and shoulders and provides relief within minutes.
- The Thunderstick is incredibly powerful and certainly is ideal for the neck and shoulders, which is where a lot of our stress resides.
- The Thunderstick is powerful but fairly bulky so it makes using it a bit cumbersome; the design of it is also not the best either.
- Also, although it advertises that it is extremely quiet the head of the massager can be a bit loud and annoying at times.
Can you get handheld massagers wet?
Although there are some water-proof massagers out there, many are NOT water-proof so be sure to read the box or instructions well before getting the massager wet (we definitely do not want any shocks to occur).
How often will the batteries need to be replaced?
The battery life of most of these handheld massagers is pretty sufficient- with a lot of them lasting up to three months and longer. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of batteries, however, you should perhaps invest in a massager that comes with a cord.
Can attachments be added to the massagers?
Yes and no, this just depends on the particular massager- there are some massagers that you can purchase attachments for separately and there are some that you cannot add an attachment to at all.
- Best Motorcycle Helmet Action Cam Reviews 2020
- Best Rated Cheap Plasma Lighter Reviews
- Best Front Load Washer Under $1000 2020
- Best Vehicle Dog Pet Barrier 2020
- Best Brass Tumbler Under $100 2020
- Best Submersible Pump for Swimming Pool
- Best Little Giant Pool Cover Pump 2020
- Best Retractable Garden Hose Reel 2020
- Baby Star Projector 2020
- Mini Squirrel Cage Blower 2020
- Best Australian Gold Tanning Lotion 2020
Out of the handheld massagers above, I would say that my choice would be the Pure-Wave CM7; even though it is one of the more expensive ones, you definitely will get your money’s worth. Be sure to adequately do your research as well to best determine what pure wave massager will fit your needs effectively-some best handheld massager for athletes are more powerful than others which may be unnecessary for some.