Now, before we begin let’s clarify that we are not referring to the dog house igloos that we typically see in Alaska or Antarctica somewhere (just in case you were wondering why anyone would want to put their pup in a cold shelter).
Similar to doghouses, dog igloos can provide an optimal level of comfort and warmth for your favourite pooch; dog igloos come in a variety of styles and sizes (small, medium, large and extra large), not to mention various price ranges.
Selecting the best dog igloo for your puppy may not always be a simple decision so to assist you; we are going to take a look at some of the best small and large dog igloos of 2019 so far. Happy reading!
List of Top Rated Best Igloo Dog House Reviewed 2019
- 1 List of Top Rated Best Igloo Dog House Reviewed 2019
- 1.1 Deluxe Soft Pet Bed House Sleeping Warm Mat Cave Igloo
- 1.2 Best Pet Sofa 2-in-1 Non-Slip Dog Cat Igloo Bed
- 1.3 Best Pet Lectro-Soft Igloo Style Outdoor Heated Bed
- 1.4 Best Small Igloo House for Pets
- 1.5 Big Large Igloo Dog House For Extra Large Dog Up To 175 Pounds
Product Weight Suitable Checkout Deluxe Soft Pet Bed House Sleeping Warm Mat Cave Igloo 340g Cats, kittens, puppies & small dogs Best Pet Sofa 2-in-1 Non-Slip Dog Cat Igloo Bed Portable & Lightweight Pets Best Pet Lectro-Soft Igloo Style Outdoor Heated Bed 3.3 kg Dogs Best Small Igloo House for Pets Portable & Lightweight Cats, Kittens, Puppies & Small Dogs Big Large Igloo Dog House For Extra Large Dog Up To 175 Pounds Portable & Lightweight Cats, Kittens, Puppies & Small Dogs
Deluxe Soft Pet Bed House Sleeping Warm Mat Cave Igloo
The deluxe Mat Cave igloo dog houses for small dogs is less than $40.00 on Amazon and is perfect not only for dogs/puppies but ideal for cats/kittens as well.
The Warm Mat Cave is a comfortable, private, not to mention, warm place for your favourite furry animal to sleep and relax during the day and night.
The Mat Cave is incredibly comfortable so once your pet goes in they may or may not come out! The plush cave has a removable cover that can be washed just in case any accidents happen.
- The Mat Cave is incredibly affordable and is an ideal bed for both puppies and cats; also the fact that the cushion is removable for washing is an additional bonus.
- Unfortunately, the Mat Cave does not look exactly as it is advertised and the material is relatively flimsy, so if you use this medium igloo house for your cats (and they aren’t declawed), you may run into the problem of them scratching it all up.
Best Pet Sofa 2-in-1 Non-Slip Dog Cat Igloo Bed
The DK Cozy is a bit more expensive than option #1, costing about $45.00 on Amazon; there are three sizes available- small, medium, and large, depending on the size of your pet.
The DK Cozy dog/cat bed is a warm and cozy (as its name indicates) safe house that will surely be a haven for either your dog, or your cat; it comes with a thick and soft inner cushion for most convenience, or as an open style sofa, which can be adjusted by simply pushing down the roof, depending on your pet’s preference, your pets will think this bed is just flawless!
The cushion that comes with the DK Cozy is made from durable oxford surface fabric that is extra soft, and the inside is made of firm foam, to prevent scratches from your puppies or kittens.
- Although the DK Cozy is a bit pricier, your pet would undoubtedly benefit from it; the machine washable cover is easy to remove in case any of those annoying accidents happen.
- It is also an excellent choice for travel, offering your pet(s) comfort during road trips.
- The DK Cozy can be a bit smaller than what is advertised so if you happen to have a fairly large pet, it may not be the best choice for them.
- Also, if you have dogs that are relatively playful, this particular medium-sized igloo dog house may not last all that long.
Best Pet Lectro-Soft Igloo Style Outdoor Heated Bed
The K & H Lectro heated bed is a little under $60.00 on Amazon and is thermostatically controlled to heat to your pet’s normal body temperature when your pet lies on the bed; the K & H only uses 60 watts so no need to worry about the mattress getting too hot for your pet.
The K & H can provide your dog’s igloo house with an additional level of both comfort and warmth, with the bed being in a half-round shape that covers half of the floor surface. The cover that comes on the bed is also removable and machine washable for convenience. An additional benefit of the K & H is that it comes with a limited one year warranty for an added peace of mind.
- This bed does what it was made for- providing a comfortable place for your animal to rest during the day and night.
- The bed is made from durable material as well, that can withstand some significant scratching and chewing.
- Unfortunately, this is not an actual igloo dog beds for large dogs but merely a bed that can go inside of your dog’s igloo, so make sure you keep this in mind before purchasing.
- Also, considering that this is just a bed and not a full shelter, the price may be a bit high for some.
Best Small Igloo House for Pets
Yes, you did read correctly! although a small dog could fit into the petmate igloo pet house, it is a bit more ideal for cats and kittens. Nonetheless, it is a great purchase!
The Petmate will run you a little under $90.00 on Amazon and includes a carpeted floor for both warmth and comfort, to encourage scratching for healthier claws.
There is also a rain diverting hood that directs rain runoff away from entry and will not get the inside of the igloo wet.
In addition to this, the non-porous surface discourages fleas or other pests from nesting. There is some minor assemblage required, but nothing that will take longer than a few minutes. The Petmate can be cleaned by just wiping with a soft cloth and mild cleaner.
- A major benefit to the Petmate is that it is a durable pet igloo that will undoubtedly keep your pet warm in winter and cold in summer, whether it is inside or outside of the house.
- The Petmate is also incredibly durable, being made from structural foam insulation for optimal comfort for your furry friend.
- The bottom piece that comes with the Petmate can be a bit difficult to install, not to mention it is not as rainproof as it is advertised, so you run the risk of the carpeted inside getting soaked, even if you place extra protection inside.
Big Large Igloo Dog House For Extra Large Dog Up To 175 Pounds
The Petmate Indigo is ideal for pets 25-50 pounds and will cost you $79.99 on Amazon (please note that this is a medium sized igloo dog house, the larger ones will cost you more, at least over $100). The Petmate Indigo is perfect for either summer or winter use and is made from a heavy-duty material that can withstand the elements (within reason of course). It is also incredibly easy to set-up, even for those who have never used an igloo before and can offer your furry loved one extreme comfort and protection.
- This particular igloo is very sturdy and very easy to clean, which is a huge bonus.
- If you don’t mind paying the extra money, it will indeed be a decent choice for your pet.
- The larger igloos can get a bit pricey, so keep that in mind in case you have a larger pet; the sizing can be off so if you do decide to go with the Petmate Indigo, be sure to check out the exact dimensions of the igloo before purchasing.
- Also, rain gets inside the Indigo pretty easily unfortunately so this may be something that you would want to keep outside during the dry days.
Are all of the cushions removable for washing?
Typically, yes – manufacturers understand that accidents can undoubtedly happen with animals, so they make it a point to make washing as easy as possible
What temperatures are these regulated for?
The answer to this depends on the particular brand of igloo since not all of them are necessarily made to withstand outside conditions. If you do decide to purchase one that can be used outside, use your best judgement. Naturally, you would not want your pet out if it is -10 degrees below freezing or 105 degrees.
- Best Robot Dogs of 2019
- Best Handheld Massagers For Knots, Athletes & Back Pain
- Best Rated Portable Thermoelectric Cooler 2019
- Best Gutter Sense Cleaning Tools 2019
- Best Automatic Closing Toilet Seats 2019
- Best Automatic Dive Watches under 500 Dollars 2019
- Automatic Cigarette Rolling Machine
- Pop Up Gazebo with Side
- Best Brass Tumbler
- Off Road Electric Scooter for Hunting
All in all, option #2 seems to be the best bet out of the five that were reviewed. It is affordable and can be used for both dogs and cats. If you are simply looking for a bed, however, (and do not mind spending the extra money) option #3 would be an ideal choice.