Best Ironing Boards of 2018 – Ironing – this is a daily chore for just about all of us, some more so than others depending on the size of your family. From getting clothes together for work and school to making sure those holiday outfits are properly pressed (because who always wants to spend money on dry cleaners), iron boards are something that is in just about every household. Searching for the perfect most stable sturdy ironing board, however, may not be as simple as one may think; there are numerous brands, all ranging in different prices. If you are in need of an iron board or just want to replace the one that you have, you came to the right place, we at Review Cart are going to take a look at some of the best lightweight ironing board of 2018. Let’s get started!
List of Top Rated Best Ironing Boards Reviewed In 2018
- 1 List of Top Rated Best Ironing Boards Reviewed In 2018
- 1.1 Minky Ergo Ironing Board
- 1.2 Rowenta IB9100 Pro Compact Professional Space Saving Folding Ironing Board
- 1.3 Parker Extra Wide Ironing Pro Board with Shoulder Wing Folding
- 1.4 Honey-Can-Do Hanging Iron Board
- 1.5 Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest
Product Color Guarantee Checkout Minky Ergo Ironing Board Stainless Steel 5 year Rowenta IB9100 Pro Compact Professional Space Saving Folding Ironing Board Stainless Steel - Parker Extra Wide Ironing Pro Board with Shoulder Wing Folding Grey, Blue, White, Silver - Honey-Can-Do Hanging Iron Board White - Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest Ice Water -
Minky Ergo Ironing Board
The Minky ironing board will run you a little over $80.00 on Amazon and is specially designed to provide a level of comfort that is ideal for your perfect ironing position(s). Regardless if you are right or left handed, the Minky Ergo will be perfect for your needs; it also comes with what is known as a bespoke Prozone heat reflective cover that will speed up the ironing process by seconds. In addition to this, there is a movable flex guide which prevents tangling; the infinite level height adjustment of the Minky can be adjusted from 0 to 36 inches for your convenience (depending on your height, the change can suit some individuals more so than others).
There is also a five-year warranty that comes with the Minky Ergo board, which is reassuring as well- unfortunately, things will have defects, so this warranty will undoubtedly come in handy, just in case something were to happen. This particular best compact ironing board is an easy-to-use, easy-to-store and easy-to-transport ergonomic product. Also, to ensure long-lasting ironing board, metallic mesh platforms are treated against corrosion, and robust materials provide durable, high-quality boards.
- When you think of ironing boards, it is not merely just about the how durable it can be- one also has to consider how stable it will be on your floor (for example, is your floor carpeted or wood?).
- With this in mind, you may want to take a look at the grips that are on the legs of the board; the Minky Ergo board is incredibly stable, no matter if it is placed on carpet or wood.
- Also, this ironing board is ideal if you need to iron larger sized garments, as it is an oversized board. Also, you can be assured that your garments will undoubtedly come out smooth and pristine.
- It may be a bit pricier for some people’s preference, not to mention it is a lot heavier than most so you may want to keep this in mind if you plan on taking it in and out on a regular basis.
Rowenta IB9100 Pro Compact Professional Space Saving Folding Ironing Board
The Rowenta is about $200.00 on Amazon (although you may be able to find a cheaper option through other manufacturers) and is an extra-large, professional grade ironing board that offers the perfect level of stability. The Rowenta can be folded to a smaller size for easy transportation and storage convenience. The surface size of the board is 54” X 18” so it is perfect for those larger sized garments (i.e. if you are an individual or a larger stature this will be a major benefit for you); the Rowenta IB9100 also comes with a thick cover and pad for durability (so there is no need to worry about your iron burning the pad of the board itself). Additional features of the Rowenta include hanger racks, large steam station and steam iron rest, which in my opinion is a huge plus. There have been so many instants where I’ve accidentally knocked my iron off the board, so the iron rest is a bonus!
The Rowenta pro-compact design is not only efficient but also provides perfect stability and efficient ironing with an extra-large ironing surface when open to iron faster large pieces of cloth. The thick branded cotton cover offers ideal ironing results without any prints left on the fabric.
- The hanger racks and steam iron rest that comes with the Rowenta is incredibly convenient, and an added bonus.
- This heavy duty ironing board pad comes with the Rowenta, is thick and heavy-duty as well for ease and convenience of your ironing duties.
- The cost of the Rowenta is a bit of a downside, considering that other ironing boards on the market are considerably less expensive.
Parker Extra Wide Ironing Pro Board with Shoulder Wing Folding
The Parker extra-wide ironing board is about $140.00 on Amazon and has an incredibly broad ironing surface comes with a heat-resistant tray for your iron and steamer. TheParker ironing board comes with exclusive retractable shoulder wings to get those perfect creases in your shirts, in addition to the Parker having a power coated metal structure that provides the additional stability that is perfect for both industrial and household uses. There is also a multi-layered cover that comes with the wide ironing board as well for your convenience (this will reduce the chances of your ironing burning the actual board), not to mention the child safety lock and cord holder which is a bonus.
- The shoulder wings that come with the Parker are a huge plus; we all know how difficult it can be to iron the back of a shirt without having to move it around multiple times-the shoulder wings solve this problem.
- The price of the Parker is also pretty reasonable, especially compared to others.
- Unfortunately, there have been some incidences where the board has broken only after several uses, which are both a disappointment and a waste of money.
- To combat this, I would recommend checking and seeing if there is a warranty option that comes with the Parker ironing board.
Honey-Can-Do Hanging Iron Board
We are all aware of those small ironing board that one can hang from the closet door; I had one myself in my college dorm room. Well, the Honey-Can-Do is one of these boards! This small ironing board offers you the convenience, as well as ease of access, of being able to hang it on a closet door; the Honey-Can-Do is less than $30.00 on Amazon and is the perfect space saver iron board. This folding ironing board can smoothly fold up and down and stays locks safely when upright for the ultimate amount of convenient storage (we all would like to avoid clutter if possible!). The over-the-door hooks feature cushioned bumpers to protect door, not to mention it includes a 7mm foam pad and 100% cotton ironing board cover to avoid burning your board.
- The Honey-Can-Dos is perfect for small spaces; easy to use and stores quickly, which is indeed a bonus, not to mention the price is fantastic!
- It’s also a perfect choice if you want to clean up your space and avoid clutter.
- It is recommended to mount the Honey-Can-Do to your wall, instead of a door as it can offer more security if it is attached a wall, which is still a bonus and will provide that bonus for storage.
- The packaging that it comes in is also a bit minimal, so you run the risk of receiving a damaged board.
Brabantia Ironing Board with Steam Iron Rest
The brabantia ironing board is around $70.00 on Amazon and has an ample work surface, with an adjustable height setting (a huge bonus) and has a range of safety features just in case you have little ones running around the home; the Brabantia Ice Water ironing boards for steam generator irons come with a steam iron rest, which measures 49 x 15 inches. The brabantia ironing board is suitable for use with steam irons, not to mention it offers ironing comfort and peace of mind. You will be able to get those garments out of the way in an incredibly short period!
This board comes with a 100% cotton cover with an Ice Water design, which will fit just about any décor and the cover also carries a cord binder and a stretch system which ensures that the surface remains taut for an even smoother ironing experience (not all ironing boards have this option so with the Brabantia ironing board you will not have to worry about the cover slipping off every few minutes).
- The child lock that comes with this ironing board is a huge benefit, something I know from experience!
- There was a time where my younger daughter got a hold of my ironing board and almost pinched her fingers, so this was a plus in my option!
- There are limited negatives that come with the Brabantia- the only main issue may be that on some surfaces the iron board will be quite wobbly but it should not be a major concern.
- Also, the price may be an issue for some, but it is indeed not the most expensive ironing board on the market.
Are the ironing boards made of metal or plastic?
Typically, the ironing boards themselves are made of metal.
Can you purchase replacement covers for your ironing boards?
Yes, it is incredibly easy to purchase replacement covers for your board, you can even find them at the dollar store.
- Best Robot Dogs of 2018 Reviews
- Best Deals On Portable Mini Washing Machines of 2018 Reviews
- Best Handheld Portable Mini Car Vacuums Cleaner of 2018 Reviews
- Best Hooded Hair Dryers of 2018 Reviews
- Best Australian Gold Indoor Tanning Lotion Reviews of 2018
- Best Yoga Ball Chairs of 2018 Reviews
In my opinion, I would go with Option #5; it is both reasonably priced and incredibly dependable. No need to spend a couple of hundred dollars on an iron board when you can get one such as this for less than half the price.