From gutter cleaning to tossing out all of that old stuff from the garage – spring cleaning is certainly upon us, with a ton of cleaning needing to occur on the outside so with that being said (in order to help you out with that outdoor work) we’re here at ReviewCart going to review some of the best leaf mulchers of 2019.
Many may think that selecting the best leaf mulcher is an easy task, however, that is not necessarily the case; before purchasing, you have to consider the weight, the kind of fuel that it requires, maintenance ease and a ton of other aspects that you have to be mindful of.
So let’s go ahead and get started on checking out the best leaf mulcher for your outdoor needs and your wallet. Let’s get started!
List of Top Best Leaf Leaf Mulchers Vacuum Reviewed In 2019
Product Amps Features Check Out Best Leaf Mulcher For Home Use 12 amp Concentrator, Blow Tube, Vacuum Tube, Collection bag Best Leaf Mulcher For the Money 8 amp Lightweight and portable Best Vacuum Leaf Mulcher 12 amp two-bushel bag Best Electric Vacuum Leaf Blower 12 amp - Best Gas-Powered Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder 10 hp Briggs engine -
BLACK+DECKER BV5600 Leaf Mulcher
The Black & Decker BV5600 is less than $55.00 on Amazon for a used blower and roughly $75.00 if you decide to buy new; the BV5600 comes with a 12-amp motor that operates a 3-in-1 blower, vacuum and mulcher all in one for your convenience!
The blower works up to 250 MPH and comes with two speed selections that can easily grind up to 16 bags of mulch down to one. It is also incredibly easy to switch between the vacuum option and blower- with the dual speed selections being perfect for both flower beds and powerful enough for big jobs such as matted, damp leaves.
- This is definitely a heavy-duty item, being capable of taking care of sodden leaves and even mud; if you happen to have a yard that is filled with the tough debris, such as oak leaves and acorns, the metal fan is perfect for taking care of the rough stuff!
- There was an incident where the impeller completely exploded which is obvious a major hazard; it is also significantly louder than some other mulchers which can be annoying if you are using it for an extended period of time.
Flowtron LE-900 Leaf Shredder
The Flowtron LE-900 shredder is $165.00 on Amazon and comes with a limited one year warranty. It is incredibly lightweight and portable, weighing less than 20 pounds; additional features include and on/off switch with special electric motor, removable air filter, as well as heavy-duty cutting lines for the toughest of jobs.
To avoid the possibility of overload during those tough jobs, the Flowtron also has a circuit breaker with a reset button; easily transform your yard into a showplace, without all the sweat and strain of having to muscle loads of leaves into bags! With the help of its extra-large, 21-inch-diameter funnel, the Flowtron will effortlessly reduce wet or dry yard waste–including rain-soaked leaves and grass clippings–into nutrient-rich mulch or compost that you can reuse right in your flowerbeds or vegetable garden without having to spend any extra money.
- The Flowtron works incredibly well in any yard, big or small (although you do have to watch out for sticks, as they can get caught in the string).
- It also comes with a handy storage space for additional cutter strings; it also has the option to adjust the space between the blades, which is also a benefit if you have to work with damp leaves.
- Although it recommends avoiding sticks, it’s almost impossible to do so; ultimately, when you are putting leaves in the mulcher they are typically connected to small sticks so you run the risk of the strings repeatedly breaking.
Earthquake 9060300 Leaf Mulcher
The Earthquake 9060300 leaf mulcher is able to chip materials that are up to 3 inches in diameter and includes heavy-duty chipping knives and hammers. You will able to easily convert brush piles into mulch that can be used in gardens, with a 20:1 waste reduction ratio. The Earthquake also comes with a two-bushel bag for easy disposal of debris.
- The Earthquake definitely will easily chip and shred leaves with ease; the Earthquake will ground up everything you need for your compost bin with little to no trouble on your part.
- It also starts with ease so no need to worry about having to try and start it up multiple times in order to get your work done.
- The price of the Earthquake is certainly a negative, with it being over $1000 on Amazon (and that’s for a used version).
Worx Trivac Blower & Mulcher with Leaf Pro
The Worx Trivac is reasonably affordable, costing less than $300 on Amazon; it is incredibly lightweight and easy to use. You will be able to easily take care of all that annoying yard work with ease! Keep in mind that it is also extremely portable so no need to have to worry about lugging a heavy mulcher all around the yard.
- The price of the Worx is certainly a plus, not to mention its portability. Set-up is also incredibly minimal and will take no time at all.
- No need to worry about those small sticks that you may suck up either, as the Worx can handle these with ease!
- The only major downside to the Worx is that you may have to by an extension cord along with it, as the cord that it comes with is a bit on the short side.
Patriot Products CSV-3100B 10 HP Briggs & Stratton Gas-Powered Wood Chipper/Leaf Shredder
The Patriot is a little over $1,400 on Amazon and the chipping power of the 10 HP Briggs engine that comes with this particular mulcher, coupled with Patriot’s unique design, will absolutely wow you. Users can certainly make short work of branches up to 3 inches in diameter and shredding leaves will be a total breeze with Patriot’s swinging y-hammer system that is both efficient and effective. In addition to this, the side discharge allows you to work in the same location all day long without moving the chipper. You do have the option of purchasing a leaf shredder collection bag as well, just in case you need additional space.
- The unit will come just about fully assembled so complete set up will only require a few tools and can be done in about an hour or so.
- The price of the Patriot is a bit on the steep side, which is a bummer, especially because you can purchase other mulchers that are just as effective and significantly cheaper.
- Another con is that it also gets clogged up fairly easily so you have to worry about having to stop every now and then to unclog, which obviously can be a huge inconvenience.
Are these mulchers electric or battery powered?
These are all electric, although there are ones that are battery powered, these are typically less powerful.
Is there a way to vacuum material without it being chopped up? Or does it all necessarily pass through the metal chopping impeller?
Leaves and debris are drawn up into the heavy-duty impeller and then broken up.
How long to the blades last before needing to be replaced/sharpened?
This will vary depending on the brand of mulcher, as well as how often it is used, but all mulchers have a “pulling action” that brings the materials into the machine. You will notice the difference in the feed because there will be more “pushing” involved. The machine will continue to operate and chip the material well after the blades are beyond optimum sharpness though. Just continue to check the blades periodically.
- Best Laser Tag Guns 2019
- Best Portable Workbenches In 2019
- Best Automatic Retractable Garden Hose Reels 2019
- Best Electronic Automatic Pill Medication Dispensers 2019
- Best Custom Large Extended Gaming Mouse Pad 2019
- The Best Shower Head for Low Water Pressure
- Motorcycle Helmet with Cooling Fan
- Handheld Laser Engraving Machine for Metal
Overall, if I had to choose, I would recommend going with option #1; the Black and Decker is incredibly affordable, while being extremely powerful for such a lightweight design. However, if you aren’t on that tight of a budget, option #3 can be an ideal choice! Hopefully, one of the mulchers above will be a good fit for you and your bank account, especially in time for Father’s Day!