I know the idea of a “mini” washing machine may seem a bit inconceivable, considering that your average washing machine is relatively large. However, these home appliances are currently on the market and can be an ideal choice if you are looking for a washing machine for a small space, i.e. your dorm room.
There are various portable mini washing machines available on the market, all ranging in different prices.
That’s where the reviews come in; we are going to take a look at some of the best mini washing machines of 2018; the goal of this to assist you in locating the best small compact portable mini washing machine for both your budget and needs. Happy searching!
List of Top-Rated 5 Mini Washing Machine Reviewed In 2019
- 1 List of Top-Rated 5 Mini Washing Machine Reviewed In 2019
Product Item Weight Spin Cycle Check Out Portable Mini Washing Machine 23.9 pounds 5 lbs Haier Portable Washer 43 pounds 3 lbs Portable Mini Washing Machine with 10-Liter Capacity 8 pounds 5.5 lbs Non-Electric Portable Compact Washing Machine 5.5 pounds 5 lbs Giantex Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine 32 pounds 11 lbs
Best Choice Products Portable Mini Washing Machine
The Best Choice mini portable washing machine is a little over $100.00 on Amazon and has a compact twin design and spin cycle that is constructed of a durable plastic material with a reliable capacity. This mini washing machine can handle up to 10 pounds of laundry (Washer: 8 lbs., Spin Cycle: 5 lbs.). The washer control timer runs for up to 15 minutes, while the spin cycle timer runs for up to 5 minutes for each load. The Best Choice is lightweight, with a space-saving design makes it ideal for camping trips or dormitories for secure storage and portability. It also offers a quiet level of power, featuring a 1300RPM motor with a max frequency of 60Hz.
- The Best Choice portable washer will undoubtedly save you a significant amount of both soap and water while being pretty powerful despite its small size.
- The price of this washer is also pretty reasonable as well, so no need to worry about sending your wallet off crying.
- The warranty is kind of power with this particular washer, only being two months, so if it breaks after a short period (which has occurred), then you will be out of luck, which is unfortunate.
Haier Portable Washer
This particular washer is a bit on the pricey side, costing over $300 on Amazon; the Haier is a portable washer that has a 1-cubic-foot stainless-steel tub for loads up to 6 pounds, in addition to three water levels and three wash cycles. There are also electronic controls, with LED indicators and provides quiet operation while getting clothes super clean. Additional features include cycle-status lights; end-of-cycle signal, and an adjustable levelling leg. The Haier comes with an easy installation kit, not to mention a quick-connect sink adapter, which is certainly a bonus. Keep in mind, however, with the Haier, if you hear ta humping sound, then the wash load may be unbalanced; pause the washer and redistribute your clothes in the wash basket and resume the cycle.
- The portability of the Haier is amazing, as well as its powerfulness; it is also incredibly quiet, which is a plus so you don’t have to worry about a ton of noise while you are taking care of all that cleaning.
- The only real downside is the costs, at costing over $300.00, there are certainly other mini washers on the market that considerably cheaper and just as effective.
Portable Mini Washing Machine with 10-Liter Capacity
This is an incredibly affordable washer, costing less than $60.00 on Amazon and is an electric portable mini washing machine that you can take on the go, whether you’re camping or even for extended road trips; wash your clothes and save space, money and water. This particular mini washer has a 10 Liter capacity and whose dimensions are 12 x 18 inches. The lightweight design includes a carrying handle for easy transportation and stores away discreetly when not in use, and there is no need to connect it to a water source. The timer runs for up to fifteen minutes and also has a Hi/Lo option depending on how soiled your clothes are. It is ideal for apartment living (especially if you have a studio, dorm rooms, RVs, camping- the options can be endless.
- This mini washer is very affordable and easy to use- simply plug in the Wonder Washer, fill with laundry, add soap, water and close lid.
- Set timer up to 15 minutes and select hi or lo wash setting depending on load; just make sure to follow enclosed instruction manual carefully.
- There have been times where the screws at the bottom of the washer basket can become loose, resulting in the basket being incredibly unstable.
- This may be an easy fix; however, there have been some instances where it has caused the machine to stop working completely, only after a short period of time.
Wonderwash Non-Electric Portable Compact Washing Machine
The Wonderwash portable washing machine is a little over $50.00 on Amazon and is non-electric with a hand crank that must be used; the Wonderwash has a 5-lb. load capacity that provides super clean clothes in just a couple of minutes. The E-Z lid level that comes with the Wonderwash that is much easier to use than the old screw design; the Wonderwash is ideal for apartments, singles, boats, RV’s and even small frequent loads like hand washables and diapers if you did not want to use the larger washer machines. It is powerful enough to get those heavily soiled items but is delicate enough for woollens, silks, knitted dresses and cashmere garments. You are able to save a good amount of water and also come with a 3-year warranty.
- This is perfect for all of those small jobs that may come up around the house, such as those little messes our darling children can make.
- Or if you forgot to wash those pair of pants for work? That can be taken care of within a manner of minutes; the price is definitely a plus as well!
There may be a bit of leakage that comes from the Wonderwash but this isn’t really a big deal; just make sure to have a hand towel on hand in order to clean up any water that may come out.
Giantex Portable Mini Twin Tub Washing Machine
The Giantex is a portable washing machine that will only cost you a little over $100.00 on Amazon; the Giantex has 17 pound capacity option and has twin tubs which are incredibly easy for you to operate. You will be able to save an incredible amount of time by avoiding hand washing things (which can be a pain) or having to go to crowded laundry mats. The large capacity of the Giantex is also a huge plus, allowing you to was a significant amount of clothes in a short amount of time. The timer of the Giantex is 15 minutes and the spin timer is 5 minutes per load, allowing you so much more freedom than the standard washing machine. The Giantex is perfect for small loads and even delicate material, while also being incredibly easy to move from room to room. There is a filter on the side of the washing basket that stores dirt during the wash cycle and can be easily removed in order to dump the dirty water out.
- The price is certainly a plus, not to mention the portability of the Giantex is an added benefit as well.
- No matter what room you are in need of a mini washing machine, you certainly will not be disappointed with this one.
- It can leak fairly badly so you have to make sure that you have some towels handy to catch the excess water (which kind of defeats the point since you will probably have to wash them as well).
- There have also been incidences where a burning smell emits from the washer during use.
Do you hook the washers up to a faucet in order to run them?
Typically, you aren’t able to hook them up to a faucet unless you modify it in some way. The best way would be to just stick a hose in the top or fill it by using a bucket.
Can you simply fill the basket with water or do you have to connect it to a faucet?
It depends on the type of washer that it is, some mini washers do not come with adapters to connect it to a faucet but if it does, either option will work just fine.
- Best Wood/Leaf Mulchers Vacuum of 2019
- Best Electric Pressure Washers of 2019
- Best Salt Spreaders In 2019
- Best Snow Shovels In 2019
- Best Mini Food Processors 2019
- Best Hammock Chairs 2019
- Best Clothes Drying Racks In 2019
- Best High Pressure Shower Head Reviews
- Best Laser Cutting Engraving Machine 2019
All in all, I would say that a good choice would be option #4; the Wonderwash is both affordable and other than some minor leakage, there are pretty much no cons to this particular washer.