We are all aware that with the approach of spring and summer, that it typically means the good old-fashioned yardwork will need to occur; cleaning of the gutters, planting of lowers, and of course the maintenance of our yards.
With that being said we all know how much of a chore it can be to remember to water our grass, especially after a long day of work (and we know that we like to relax on the weekends that we have off)!
This is where motion-activated sprinklers come in; these types of sprinklers can be incredibly convenient, knowing that they can come on automatically with little to no effort on our part.
We are going to take a look at some of the top-rated motion activated sprinklers of 2020 to assist you in selecting the best sprinkler option for both your yard and budget. Let’s get started!
Top Best Motion Activated Sprinklers Reviewed 2020
- 1 Top Best Motion Activated Sprinklers Reviewed 2020
- 2 Orbit 62000 Enforcer Motion Activated Pest Deterrent Sprinkler
- 3 Hoont Cobra Powerful Outdoor Water Jet Blaster Animal Pest Repeller
- 4 Orbit 62100 Yard Enforcer Motion Activated Sprinkler
- 5 Elenker Scarecrow Motion Activated Sprinkler
- 6 DIGOO AK7 Two in One Motion Activated w/ Rechargeable Battery
The Orbit 62000 is about $60.00 on Amazon and is considered to be an infrared motion sensor that can detect just about any animal, big or small, and can also be easily adjusted to use against any of those annoying animals that you may not want in your yard.
The Orbit comes with a 120-degree sensor that will provide you with a significant range of coverage for your entire yard so that you can protect both your gardens and your plants.
The Orbit 62000 comes with a 35-foot adjustable cord, not to mention a timer that can be set on 30-minute increments so you can adequately water those plants while deterring any of those unwanted animals as we discussed above.
- The aiming that comes with the Orbit is incredibly precise, therefore giving you the ability to move the sensor up, down, left, and right so this sprinkler is both accurate and flexible.
- Another huge benefit to this is that it only uses approximately 2 cups per activation of the sprinkler so no need to worry about running up that water bill.
- The spike that comes with this particular model is plastic, not steel, making it more flimsy than other models.
- Also, not all of the hose fittings are brass, so those are cheaply made as well; lastly, it has merely an on/off option and not a day/night option, which can be a bit of an inconvenience depending on when you would like the sprinklers to turn on.
The Hoont Cobra will cost you about $85.00 on Amazon (although you may be able to find cheaper options if you don’t mind used models); this motion activated sprinkler is both useful and powerful being able to spray a powerful yet harmless jet of water as soon as it detects an animal invading your property.
You will be able to scare away all kinds of animals, such as cats, dogs, squirrels, skunks, deer, wild animals, birds, etc., startling the animals and deterring them from returning to the area in the future.
- The Hoont offers low water consumption, with a built-in sensor that can detect movement from up to 30 feet, with the jet of water being activated for approximately five seconds.
- It is also incredibly easy to setup-simply insert the unit into the ground with the stake (that is included) and connect the unit to a garden hose.
- The sensitivity of this model can be a bit weak, working on some animals but not on others; the instructions that come with the Hoont can also be a bit misleading, in addition to some parts missing when it arrived in the mail.
This is another Orbit brand motion activated sprinkler, with this model costing about the same as the Orbit 62000, but having a few varying differences.
Unlike the 62000, the Orbit 62100 has both night and day detection options so that you can select different detection settings for different times of the day; the 62000 only has a simple on/off option.
There is also an intelligent sensing technology option for optimum water and battery conservation, in a way that sprays and deters unwanted animals without wasting water or energy.
- Unlike the 62000, the Orbit 62100 has a heavy-duty construction with metal dual step spike and brass hose connection for stability and durability (the 62000 is constructed primarily of plastic).
- It has been reported that the sensor can be a bit spotty so adjusting it to fit what you need may be a bit difficult.
The Elenker is about $90.00 on Amazon and is a motion-activated sprinkler for humane animal deterrence; scarecrow detects and sprays animals in a 1000-square-foot area day and night (note that you can only use it in weather that is above 32 degrees Fahrenheit).
The Elenker is an effective sprinkler that can be used day and night and can be operated for 2-6 months on a single 9V battery (battery is not included), and each activation uses only 2 to 3 cups of water for water conservation.
The sprinkler directs water accurately up to 35 feet outward in an arc, protecting a 1000 sq. ft. area, not to mention you are able to control the spray width of the Elenker to raise or lower the arc of the water to your preferences.
- The Elenker is very reliable and can be capable of keeping away animals that may harass your yard and/or gardens (i.e. deer that eats your vegetables).
- Unfortunately, the batteries that come with the Elenker does not seem to last as long as the instructions indicate, which can be a disappointment.
- There have also been some reports of the motion sensors failing as well.
DIGOO AK7 Two in One Motion Activated w/ Rechargeable Battery
The DIGOO is a little over $70.00 on Amazon and works relatively well in repelling animals and watering lawns. It is also incredibly easy to set up in as little as a few minutes, not to mention the price isn’t all that bad at all.
- The DIGOO has a good reach regarding getting your yard moisturised and warning off those animals; the easy setup is a plus too.
- The sensor on the DIGOO is incredibly sensitive, which can be both a positive and a negative, depending on the situation.
- There have also been incidences where the sprinkler does not last as long as it should, which naturally, can be a huge disappointment.
Is there a remote that comes with any of the sprinklers?
There may be some remotes that come with motion activated sprinklers; however, most of them typically have an on/off switch that you will manually have to use.
Can you have other sprinklers on the lawn in addition to the motion activated sprinkler?
Yes, you should be able to have other sprinklers on the lawn in addition to this oscillating sprinkler with little trouble.
- Best Wood/Leaf Mulchers Vacuum 2020
- Best Electric Pressure Washers 2020
- Best Salt Spreaders 2020
- Best Snow Shovels 2020
- Best Mini Food Processors 2020
- Best Hammock Chairs 2020
- Best Clothes Drying Racks 2020
- Best Automatic Dive Watches Under $500
- Long Range Wireless Doorbell Intercom
- Best Mini HD Projector 1080p
- Best Water Softener for Well Water with Iron
All in all, I would recommend option #3; the Orbit brand seems to be a fairly could model (not to mention affordable) and the Orbit 62100 is an even better model due to the option of being able to use it both day and night. The steel parts of the Orbit 62100 also make it more reliable and heavy-duty compared to the plastic parts of the other model.