RC trucks are friends to children just about everywhere and we all know that there are a ton of options for best electric RC monster trucks currently on the market; however, not all of them will be what you are necessarily looking for. Some entry level electric brushless trucks are a bit slower than some, a bit noisier, or are just simply crappy overall. This is where I come in-we are going to take a look at some of the best 0052C trucks that are out there, no matter what your budget is. No need to rely on spotty guesswork! Let’s take a look at some of the best intermediate off load gas powered racing trucks below:
List of Top Best Electronic RC Trucks Reviewed In 2019
- 1 List of Top Best Electronic RC Trucks Reviewed In 2019
- 2 Tamiya TAM58372 Tamiya 58372 Ford F350 High-Lift Truck Assembly Kit
- 3 Redcat Racing Shockwave Nitro Buggy, Blue, 1/10 Scale
- 3.1 Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck with 2.4GHz Radio, Vehicle Battery and Charger Included (1/10 Scale), Red
- 3.2 Traxxas 53097 Revo 3.3 4WD Nitro-Powered Monster Truck Ready-To-Race Trucks (1/10 Scale), Colors May Vary
- 3.3 AHAHOO 1:12 Scale RC Cars 35MPH+ High Speed Off-Road Remote Control Vehicle 2.4Ghz Radio Controlled Racing Monster Trucks Rock Climber with LED Light Vision (Red)
Product Speed Charging Time Checkout Tamiya TAM58372 Tamiya 58372 Ford F350 Not very fast! 2-3 hours Redcat Racing Shockwave Nitro Buggy, Blue 50km/h+ 2-3 hours Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck 20m/h+ 2-3 hours Traxxas 53097 Revo 3.3 4WD Nitro-Powered Monster Truck 50km/h+ 2-3 hours Radio Controlled Racing Monster Trucks 50km/h+ 2-3 hours
Tamiya TAM58372 Tamiya 58372 Ford F350 High-Lift Truck Assembly Kit
We might as well and address the elephant in the room about this particular RC truck and that would be the price- a whopping $450.00 on Amazon (even though that does include free shipping). Features of the Tamiya TAM58372 includes a durable ladder frame chassis that has steel channel and resin cross members for high strength and sturdiness. There is also a 3-speed transmission option that allows for proper gear changing and realistic low-speed driving for entertainment. There is also an “off-road” option that may be easily locked in place to enable improved off-road performance if you ever want to take it off the street! What you can expect to come with the TAM58372 if you decide to purchase is a 4-channel transmitter, ESC, and running battery and charger and you can also choose to purchase a pick-up truck multi-function unit separately for that extra touch of fun.
- The Tamiya TAM58372 is definitely easy to build and of you decide to purchase the multi-function as an add-on then you will not need to purchase an electronic speed controller as it already comes included with the unit.
- The price may be a concern for some if you are working with a tight budget; in addition to this, depending on the manufacturer, they may accidentally send the completely wrong truck which considering this RC truck costs over $400.00 can be quite upsetting.
Redcat Racing Shockwave Nitro Buggy, Blue, 1/10 Scale
The Redcat nitro powered monster rc trucks is significantly cheaper than the one reviewed above, costing only $165.00 on Amazon; potential buyers should not that this is a NITRO vehicle meaning that it requires nitro fuel. You will also need to purchase a glow plug ignitor (we recommend 80142a), AA (you’re gonna need 12 of them) batteries and nitro vehicle experience is also recommended, but not required. 2.67cc (.16) The Redcat Nitro buggyhas an engine that is equipped with a pull start 4-wheeldrive and single speed transmission (without reverse) There is also a 2.4GHz radio included- in addition to this, you also have the option to run multiple vehicles at the same time for greater entertainment.
- The price is incredibly reasonable and the truck handles very well, no matter the terrain-the radio also works really well with this particular truck.
- They should have put a dab of loctite on the differential coupler hex nuts; this needs to be done so the brakes and wheels keep moving, as it could be dangerous if the coupler fails and you can’t stop the car at wide open throttle.
- This car also goes through a lot of gas and it may be beneficial if you are mechanically inclined when it comes to buying these cars, it’d make life a lot easier when adjusting and replacing parts.
Redcat Racing Electric Volcano EPX Truck with 2.4GHz Radio, Vehicle Battery and Charger Included (1/10 Scale), Red
The Redcat Electric Volcano EPX Truck costs about $150.00 on Amazon and is electric brushed with a 27T 540 motor, four-wheel drive, and high torque servo. It has apolycarbonate body; aluminum capped oil-filled shocks, forward and reverse options, and also includes a charger for convenience. There is a 2.4 GHz radio that comes with this RC truck that required AA batteries (which are not included).
- The Redcat Electric RC truck is impressively fast with a sturdy frame and chassis; the four wheel traction on the truck is also amazing and handles amazingly no matter the terrain.
- It is also has a long transmitter so no need to worry about having to stay within 5 feet of the truck when you’re racing it-huge bonus!
- The charger that comes with the Redcat is fairly cheap so it’s possible that it may break only after a short period of time; the charger is also a trickle charger, which means that it may take longer than you would like for the truck to charge adequately.
- The ESC that comes with the Redcat also burns out at a fairly fast rate so you may need to purchase another one, which is obviously additional money spent.
- If you do find yourself needing to buy additional equipment, you may find that the parts are hard to find locally, depending on your area.
Traxxas 53097 Revo 3.3 4WD Nitro-Powered Monster Truck Ready-To-Race Trucks (1/10 Scale), Colors May Vary
The traxxas rc trucks 4×4, without a doubt, has a hefty price tag on it so we might as well get that key point out of the way- the Traxxas will run you a whopping $598.00 on Amazon (and that does not even include shipping unfortunately, which is another 20 bucks).
- This truck is extremely durable and a blast to drive! It’s perfect for those both young and old and works awesome on just about any terrain.
- Believe or not, the only real con with this particular truck is the price, but if you are willing to spend a bit, you will definitely get your money’s worth!
AHAHOO 1:12 Scale RC Cars 35MPH+ High Speed Off-Road Remote Control Vehicle 2.4Ghz Radio Controlled Racing Monster Trucks Rock Climber with LED Light Vision (Red)
The ahahoo rc off-road vehicle will cost you about $115.00 on Amazon and whose dimensions are 1/12 standard scale: 1:12 full proportional vehicle, with a four wheel drive (rc trucks 4×4 wheels driving) option, the Ahahoo comes with LED lights, is designed for multi-terrain racing, perfect running on desert, carpet, tile, open road, grass, mud, etc. (Even though it is not recommended to drive it in water). The speed of the Ahahoo is also amazing, with a maximum speed up to 50 km/h+ (yes this even means you can do drifting). The Ahahoo also has a shockproof system that provides a high level of resilience for each wheel to ensure a more steady driving experience.
- You can definitely expect a long lasting playing time with the Ahahoo- 2-3 hours charging will last up to 15-25 minutes on a non-stop operation.
- It’s also incredibly durable and reasonably priced; it’s a good choice for kids and adults, boys and girls!
- The charge time may be a bit slower than you would like as we mentioned above (about a 2 hour charge time for roughly 30 minutes of play time); there has been some times when even after the battery is supposedly fully charge, it shuts down abruptly which is a bummer.
Will I need to purchase in additional items along with my RC truck?
There may be some instances where you will need to purchase fuel and filter oil, depending on the type of truck it is so be sure to read the instructions thoroughly.
Will I need to change the remote frequency if I want to race two trucks?
How long before you have to refuel your truck after use?
This depends greatly on the type of truck that you have and how often you take it out for a spin, just be sure to read the manual to get a good guesstimate on how efficient the fuel usage is.
- Best Build Quality Extended Gaming Mouse Pad in 2019
- Best Car Touch Screen Head Unit Stereos In 2019
- Best Full Tower Case for Water-cooling In 2019
- Buy Cheap Two Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter In 2019
- Best Automatic Retractable Garden Hose Reels
- Best Custom Large Extended Gaming Mouse Pad
- Beach Cart With Large Wheels
- E Bike Conversion Kit With Battery
- Best Cheap AC DC TIG Welder
- Best Rechargeable Vacuum Cleaner Review
All in all, I would say that the Traxxas is the winner out of the RC trucks reviewed above, however, that’s only if you do not mind the price that comes along with it. If you are working on a budget, I would recommend the Ahahoo – even with the minor incidences that may happen due to the battery, it seems to be the best choice and reasonably priced.
You may also want to make sure what kind of fuel your truck runs on- if you get a RC truck that runs on nitro, you may be signing up for more than you planned so be sure to take that into consideration.