Wireless intercom is a telecommunication device that allows you to voice-communicate without the hassle of running copper wires all around the house.
Interconnecting the intercom stations has never been so more comfortable to communicate within your house with your family irrespective of the size of your home.
Whether it is small, average or huge, like if you have to talk to a person who is at the different part of your house either you will go and tell him the work or you will yell at the top of your voice so that he can hear you and come running towards you.
Luckily nowadays to avoid all this hassle and tassel, technology has given us wireless home intercom systems which will enable you to communicate easily with your entire family, irrespective of their location in the house.
These devices are handy and will also act as security and monitoring cameras and can also be used as smart doorbells which will help you to increase the security levels of your residence.
Different Types of Wireless Intercom
- 1 Different Types of Wireless Intercom
- 2 Wireless Intercom System & Types of Power Sources Used
- 3 Echo Show
- 4 Samcon 20 Channel Wireless Intercom System
- 5 Infant Optics DXR – 8 Video Baby Monitors
- 6 7 Inch Wireless Door Phone Intercom System
- 7 TEKEY TBOX 1800 Feet 10 Channel Wireless Intercom System
In a nutshell, there are two different types of wireless intercoms from which you can choose depending upon your personal preference and needs. You can select an audio-only system or the one that features video as well,
Audio: this system allows you to talk to each other, this particular system works great for communicating within family members quickly and safely, but they cannot prove to be the best option if you want to use for security purpose as well.
Video: in this kind, a video monitor is provided to you with the same functions as in the audio monitor with a bonus of seeing who is standing in the front door. This makes it ideal for security purposes, but its only drawback is that it is more expensive than the audio ones.
Wireless Intercom System & Types of Power Sources Used
As these devices are wireless in the way they connect, but they still need the power to last all day long, they all operate with the plugin option. This will help it to keep it working all day long. However, if they still lose power, it would be a great option to save a battery backup this will allow you to use even though power is not there in the house. This should be an essential step if you are using a baby monitor.
Different Types of Connection:
As it might come to your mind that how your intercom systems will work when they are connected and how they will connect. You can either choose a system which works on your home WIFI or one that will connect to the other intercom devices, both of these options come with their advantages and disadvantages, but the secure connections are mostly preferred as no one likes their security system to get hack.
Various Numbers of Channels:
You will easily get an intercom system that will use a small number of units and up to as big as 20 secure channels. The basic idea behind it is that they fulfil all the needs like whether you want a private conversation with one or a few people at your home. The availability which is available in the market is of multiple secure channels that help to make the intercom system more secure, by using the different channel every time you can reduce the risk of people outside to listen to you.
The Distance of Connection:
It depends upon the distance of your house, so it is really important to pay attention to the distance of connections set up so that you don’t purchase the wrong intercom which will result in the poor connection.
As it seems like a straight forward idea to buy a wireless intercom system but it is not, because not all the wireless intercoms are expandable, to ensure this point go through the labels and details of the system carefully before purchasing them, otherwise you will buy the wrong intercom for your house which will not reach to the corner-corner of your house.
As these intercoms are going to be set up in a house, so you want to make sure that all of the selected ones are connected and you choose one that allows you to connect to all the other multiple devices at a time.
This will allow you to hold private talks at your home and make important family announcements.
Now, as there are abundant of wireless intercoms available in the market which guarantees to be the best wireless intercoms but of course all of them are not perfect, so we have listed down the specifications that you need to take into consideration before buying a wireless intercom for your house, so first things first you need to take the size of your house into consideration and do you only need to use it for the communication or the security purposes as well.
Then you need to figure out what kind of power source you want to use to utilize the intercom and which type of intercom you are looking for and then the list goes on.
Fortunately, we have done all the homework for you guys and found out the best wireless home intercom systems matching your needs. So keep reading the article.
|Best Hands Free Voice Controlled Device||Control smart home devices, Wi-Fi Music, Free audio calls to US, Mexico, and Canada|
|Simple Wireless Intercom One-to-One Calling||Up to 2-3 Miles in Open Area, Portable and Movable, Baby Elder Monitor Function|
|Best Baby Monitor Intercom System||700 feet range, rechargeable battery & Two-Way Communication.|
|Best Door Phone Wireless Intercom||2.4G Wireless Door Phone Doorbell Intercom System, 2 way communication intercom system|
|Best Large Range Wireless Intercom||1800 Feet Long Range 10 Channel Digital FM Wireless Intercom System for Home and Office, Walkie Talkie System for Outdoor Activity (2 Stations Black)|
|Best Intercom with a range of up to ½ a mile without obstruction||Wireless Intercom System Hosmart 1/2 Mile Long Range 7-Channel Security Wireless Intercom System for Home or Office|
If you are dedicatedly searching for the best wireless home intercom, then this is your choice. This device works just more than an intercom at your home it uses WIFI connectivity to complete it’s functioning. As this device connects to the internet which is used at your home, it will put the internet at your fingertips.
- This system can be connected to Alexa, making it a completely hands-free device to use.
- It offers you feature such as play music, communication within your house, movies, phone calls, and calendar.
- This device can also be connected with many numbers of other apps which will make your life easier.
As mentioned above this particular system can be connected to Alexa, so it can be connected to other Alexa products, it can also be used as a baby monitor and if you are having a hectic day and at the end when you just slip into your bed and don’t want to switch off the light it can also switch on and off the light and can also open your garage door.
So this device not just simply helps you to manage your house but also gives you entertainment and security.
- It works with Alexa.
- It works with voice control.
- Will keep you entertained as has music and video features.
- Can be used as an intercom and baby monitor.
- Can be used to make phone calls.
It is one of the systems that have the most expandable channels it comes with 20 secure channels which makes it perfect for the people who have large families and can also be used in offices or if many guests visit you regularly then also they can work perfectly for you.
- If anyone in your family is bed-ridden or has any disability, this system can work perfectly for them or just to take care of old parents.
- Though it has 20 channels, still it is pretty simple to use and will quickly allow everyone to get into touch under the one roof no matter where they are in the house.
- It can also allow you to make a video call and it has a voice-operated exchange.
- It has 20 different channels.
- It allows you to connect one to one or to conduct a video call.
- It is flexible to expand.
- It is portable.
If you are blessed with a new one in the family and you are looking for a baby monitor to take its care, then you have come to a right place it is one of the best baby monitors and makes a pretty well good intercom for security systems.
- It is motion activated which means that it will make you aware of the presence of someone or will alert you whether your baby has just woke up or not.
- It also has a night camera, and it is built to be nice and secure as its connectivity does not rely on the home WIFI so no one can hack it.
- It enables you to video call and speaks through a camera as it has one channel it will limit you to one room.
The camera of it can be remotely adjusted to get a better view you can also switch out the camera lens on the system to get a wider view of the given area; this makes it perfect for a bigger room however it should not be used at outdoors as it is not waterproof and weatherproof.
- It comes with an adjustable camera.
- It has interchangeable lenses.
- It has long battery life.
- It has a long range.
- It has a night vision.
Who says intercoms are only limited to communicating with people they can also be used to talk and see the other person who is at your front door this intercom does this. When this device is installed on the front door of the, at the doorbell, they will push the bell button, and the monitor at the interior will show up.
- Once the monitor shows up, you will listen to the 16 different chimes to alert you that someone is at the door.
- With the help of this device, you can see who is at the door even by not getting and talk to them even in the nights.
- It can also be connected to a smart lock system which will allow your guests to come in without getting up yourself.
Though its range cannot reach everywhere if you have a big house, it has a secure connection which is easy to set up, it also has rechargeable batteries, and its indoor monitor is nice and portable which allows you to go anywhere in the house along with it.
- It gives you crystal clear clarity.
- It comes with night vision.
- It has a large display.
- It is easy to set up.
- It is waterproof.
If you want easy setup and budget-friendly intercom than this is your go, this system is system can be expanded up to a big range. It features 10 different secure channels which makes it perfect for a private conversation with one person at your home or with everyone at the same time.
- This intercom comes with rechargeable batteries, a power bank or plug charger can quickly recharge these batteries; you can also keep the units plugged in all the day as the batteries on their own do not last all that day long.
- This intercom system should be used within the home as they do not do well with large distances and problems, but they will work more sufficiently in the smaller areas such as a small yard with a small home.
- You will not be able to use them if you are working in your yard far away from the house.
- It is easy to set up.
- It has a large range.
- It has 10 secure channels.
These monitors are known for their large ranges in the market and are extremely portable. This feature of theirs makes them great audio baby monitor for one who always wants to keep an eye on their babies while working outdoors.
- The range of this system goes up to ½ a mile without any obstructions; this makes it the best option when you are outside.
- Its portability goes in hand with their outstanding battery life; each device comes with rechargeable battery that goes on for long as these devices use USB ports to charge they can also be used as a power bank when you are outside or at the times of emergency.
- As it features only seven different channels, therefore, it becomes more than enough for a household, you can also speak one to one personally or connect with everyone at the same time, and this can make family announcement an easy and quick task.
- It has a large range.
- It is portable.
- It comes with rechargeable batteries.
- It is expandable.
- Best First Pillow for a Toddler 2019 Reviews
- Best Wireless Video Intercom Systems For Home Use 2019 Reviews
- Best Heavy Duty Beach Carts for Soft Sand 2019 Reviews
- Best Automatic Dive Watches Under 500 2019 Reviews
- Best Rowenta Steam Iron 2019 Reviews
- Best Water Softener for Hard Water 2019 Reviews
- Best Sounding Portable Record Player with BuiltIn Speakers 2019
Conclusion: As there are plenty of options available in the market we have shortlisted all the best wireless home intercoms which will suit all the purposes our personal choice is ECHO SHOW as it is the best video intercom system for home and will seamlessly help you to connect, and will also connect with Alexa.