The Garmin ECHOMAP UHD 74sv is a new high definition chartplotter that offers the same features as its predecessor but in an even smaller package.
With its 7-inch touchscreen display and keyed assist feature, the GT56UHD-Tm provides accurate position information. The unit may be used alone or with optional transducers (GT56UHD-Tm sold separately).
Using the included USBCart software, you will be able to view data from your USB-compatible fish finders, sonars, and other devices. ECHOMAP UH74sv is compatible with all existing charts and software. It is a compact, reliable
Chartplotter that may be the right choice for you if you are looking for one.
- 1 Features: Garmin Echomap UHD 74SV with GT56UHD-TM Transducer
- 2 How The Garmin Echomap UHD 74sv Works
- 3 FAQs – Garmin Echomap UHD 74SV Reviews
- 3.1 Q: How do the ECHOMAP U74SV and ECHOMAP XM differ?
- 3.2 Q: Can I use my old charts with this unit?
- 3.3 Q: Will the ECHOMAP support my USB device?
- 3.4 Q: Does the ECHOMAP include a transducer?
- 3.5 Q: Is there a way to get the ECHOMAP to recognize my Garmin GPS?
- 3.6 Q: Do I need to buy a new chart plotter to use the ECHOMAP?
- 3.7 Q: When the ECHOMAP is turned off, how long does it take to charge?
- 3.8 Q: What is a “keyed assist”?
- 3.9 Q: What kind of batteries does the ECHOMAP use?
- 3.10 Q: What size is the ECHOMAP case?
- 3.11 Q: What is the weight of the ECOMAP?
Features: Garmin Echomap UHD 74SV with GT56UHD-TM Transducer
- 7 Inch Touch Screen Display – Easy to read and navigate. Built in GPS Receiver – Provides accurate position information.
- Optional GT56UHD-tm Transducer – Allows you to add a separate transducer to the unit.
- Includes USB Cart Software – View data from your USB compatible devices such as fishfinders, sonars, etc.
- Waterproof – IPX7 rated for 30 minutes in 1 meter of water.
- Battery Life – When using the optional battery pack, it can run continuously for up to five hours.
- Low Power Consumption – Uses only 0.5 watts while idle.
- Dimensions: 3.9 x 2.8 x 1.4 inches Weight: 4.2 oz. Warranty: One year limited warranty.
How The Garmin Echomap UHD 74sv Works
The ECHOMap UHD 74sv uses the same basic technology found in most modern chartplotters. A microprocessor controls the functions of the device including navigation, chart viewing, sounder control, and more. The main difference between this model and others is the size of the screen which allows for easier reading and navigation.
- Navigation: The ECHOMaps UHD 74sv provides full course steering capability. With the help of the built in GPS receiver, you can easily plot courses and track your vessel. The built in compass automatically adjusts heading based on the direction of travel. When navigating, you can select either magnetic or true north mode. Magnetic mode is recommended if you have a magnetic anomaly in your area. True North mode is useful if you do not have a magnetic anomaly in the area.
- Chart Viewing: The ECHOMap UH74sv displays NOAA charts at a resolution of 1/10th mile. These charts include detailed coastal detail, depth contours, bathymetry, and much more. By swiping left or right on the touch screen, you can zoom in and out of the map.
- Sounder Control: There is a built-in sounder on the EchoMap UHD 74sv that can be adjusted by pressing the up or down buttons. The sounder can also be muted by combining both buttons.
- Additional Features: You can download additional maps directly onto the ECHOMap Uhd 74sv. Garmin’s website offers maps for download.
- Optional Battery Pack: The optional battery pack gives you extended operating time.
FAQs – Garmin Echomap UHD 74SV Reviews
The ECHOMAP U74SV is an excellent choice for those who want a high quality chartplotter that is easy to use. With its large 7 inch display, the ECHOMAP U734SV provides plenty of information in a compact package. The ECHOMAP comes with all the features needed to navigate safely and efficiently. If you are looking for a simple, yet powerful chartplotter, then the ECHOMAP may be just what you are looking for.