Do you love part-time carpeting? Or you are a full time or professional carpenter or you just like to work in your workshop at home, every time you work with wood you always wish that it would have been easier.
Therefore to make your work easier you need the best pocket hole jig which you will need to attach the two pieces of wood together without any amount of effort.
A good quality jig will help you to connect the wood pieces and will help you to hide the screws for more professional and highly finished work.
If you are looking for the best pocket hole jigs then you might be confused about the features that you need to consider before buying a pocket jig, to make your work easier we have mentioned all of these features in our buyer’s guide, this will help you to find the best pocket hole jig system for the money.
- 1 Best Pocket Hole Jig System For The Money – Buyer’s Guide
- 1.1 Porter-Cable 560 Quik Jig Pocket – Hole Joinery System
- 1.2 Kreg Jig K4 Pocket Hole System
- 1.3 Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig
- 1.4 Kreg Tool Company KJHD Jig HD
- 1.5 Kreg R3 Jr.Pocket Hole Jig System
- 1.6 Impakt i2 Pro Pocket Hole Jig System
- 1.7 Impakt i1 Woodworking Pocket Hole Jig
- 1.8 Drill Pro Jig Pocket Hole Kit System
- 2 Best Pocket Hole Jig System For The Money – FAQs
- 2.1 Why do you need to use Pocket-Holes in the first place?
- 2.2 How will a Pocket Hole Jig Work?
- 2.3 Benefits of using Pocket Hole Jig?
- 2.4 Important features you need to consider before buying a Pocket Hole Jig
- 2.5 What is the intended use of the Pocket Hole Jig?
- 2.6 Included Drill
- 2.7 Needed Accessories
- 2.8 Adjustability Counts
- 2.9 Speed
Best Pocket Hole Jig System For The Money – Buyer’s Guide
|1||Kreg Foreman||$449.00||Add to Cart|
|2||Shop Fox W1833 Pocket Hole Machine||$693.75||Add to Cart|
|3||KREG Foreman Electric Pocket Hole Machine, Kreg#...||$449.99||Add to Cart|
|4||HD Drill Bit and Guide for Kreg Foreman Pocket...||$35.99||Add to Cart|
|5||Kreg LH-DKDB 3/8-Inch Left-Hand Step Drill Bit for...||$35.32||Add to Cart|
|6||Kreg K4 Pocket HoleJig System (K4 Jig)||$112.48 $79.00||Add to Cart|
|7||Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System (Jig System)||$29.00||Add to Cart|
|8||Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig||$139.99 $119.00||Add to Cart|
|9||Massca Aluminum Pocket Hole Jig System Pro M2...||$149.99 $99.99||Add to Cart|
|10||Kreg K4MS Jig Master System (K4MS)||$149.99 $109.00||Add to Cart|
This porter-cable 560 Quik jig pocket hole joinery system is best for those who are looking for versatility, and a model that will be required to create a regular non-standard piece that will require non-standard pilot holes.
- This pocket hole jig is highly adjustable and can be used on many materials additionally, gives you the freedom to drill at different angles.
- You can easily do the hole spacing and allow you to easily and quickly adjust the drilling depths depending on what you need and on what size of material you are working on.
- Many of the users were happy to report that this pocket hole jig works like magic it leaves behind no dust after you use it, in fact, there is no dust while you work, all thanks go to the dust collection feature.
- The base of the pocket hole jig is just 2 x 4 which is very convenient to use.
- However, if you are a beginner or a pro this pocket hole jig might not seem handy to you in the starting, as it is not handy and straightforward to use it will certainly take some time to get used to it.
Once you figure out that what this is about there is no limit to create how many holes you can create by using this system.
If you are looking for a pocket hole jig that gives full payback to the money spent then you should go for the vacuum cleaner from Kreg jig K4 pocket hole system, this pocket hole jig can be easily mounted on a bench or on the job site where you are working.
- This pocket hole jig will give you the required flexibility that you need to create an accurate pocket hole drill wherever you are working.
- This pocket hole jig system provides you with depth control which makes it easy for you to set the depth of the hole.
There are tons of different spacing options from where you can choose from and will allow you to work on different type of material of different size but their thickness should not cross the thickness of 1 – 1/2”.
This pocket hole jig from Kreg is very similar to Porter-cable, this can be used both as a portable jig or tabletop jig, which gives you full freedom to work at your home or anywhere else, it comes along with lots of different spacing holes that allow you to put the screws accurately where you desire to drill them, but this very system works on thin material.
- Another wonderful feature of this pocket hole jig is the oversized support wings, these wings act as a great table base which allows you to do portable drilling and will give help you to support the material that you are using to drill.
This very feature allows you to create accurate holes, they can be used to open and shut and to hold different tools and accessories.
One of the main problem that most of the pocket hole jigs that are available in the market are that they are designed to be used on smaller size materials, these smaller size pocket hole jigs work perfectly well on smaller projects such as frames or chairs but they don’t work well on bigger projects such as decks, tables, and benches.
- To solve this problem this pocket hole jig from Kreg has been introduced, this pocket hole jig has been designed to work on larger project materials such as tables, benches, and decks.
- The guide holes are much larger which allows you to drill bigger holes.
This feature also allows you to make extra-strong joints for your large projects, though it can be used as the system come you need to utilize a clamp which you need to purchase of your own, or you can hook it up with different systems of Kreg for benchtop drilling.
If you are new to the world of woodworking and you have been listening about all the perfection you need to engrave on your project, you must have come across the usage of pocket holes, but you don’t have any idea how does this thing work then you have to use this pocket jig from Kreg, this is a high-quality product but on the other hand is budget-friendly which makes it perfect for those who are just starting.
- This pocket hole jig from Kreg can be used on various types of wood widths and enables you to set the depth and place of the holes easily and quickly.
As, it is a budget-friendly pocket jig it doesn’t offer you more accessories, if you go with this pocket hole jig then you should have your own clamp because it doesn’t come along with it.
Impakt i2 Pro Pocket Hole Jig System
If you are one who works with different and large types of material and sizes, then this pocket hole jig from Impakt is your go, it is adjustable and can fit smaller pieces of picture frames and can also be used for bigger pieces like lumber for decks.
- You can use it as a benchtop jig or a portable jig which makes it easy to use at your comfort and anytime when you need it.
- The only thing you need to worry about is the clamp that is provided with the system because it tends to lose a little bit after you use it, it especially gets lose when you use it with larger pieces of lumber.
It is suggested that you should always use it with an external companion clamp to make sure that the project should not slip in the middle while you are drilling.
Impakt i1 Woodworking Pocket Hole Jig
If you are one who only works on smaller materials, or you want a pocket hole jig for your small material projects then this pocket hole jig from Impakt is perfect for you, this jig is among one of the best jigs available in the market for smaller materials.
- It can be used on smaller width of ½” which makes it an ideal choice for delicate or smaller size projects that you are working on or are planning to work on and have them in mind, but this also means that this is not something which will give you something sustainable.
Although this jig comes with plenty of accessories, you need to make sure that you use an external clamp while you use this pocket hole jig because the one which comes with it is not good enough to hold the material in its place, especially when you use it for long period of time.
Drill Pro Jig Pocket Hole Kit System
This pocket hole jig kit from Drill is one of the most bare-bones jigs out there, as it comes with lots of accessories but it is still very basic to use it.
- As it is not overly large it can be easily used as a portable option so that you can use it anywhere, but it is tough to master especially if you are a beginner.
- But, if you give it time and practice it every day you will achieve amazing results.
- As it is small it can be pretty much used on every material of a different size than you can clamp it to.
This pocket hole jig is best for someone who works on different types of projects of different size and material.
Best Pocket Hole Jig System For The Money – FAQs
Why do you need to use Pocket-Holes in the first place?
Whether you are a beginner or a well trained professional in this stream, always remember that the hallmark of clean and well – furnished work is that nobody should be able to see the joints; this thing needs to be taken care of whether you use dowels, dovetails, or screws.
A pocket hole jig will create a unique strong joint without destroying the beauty of the project as it allows you to join the different pieces together with the help of screws, as it will stay up there for a long time and will not fall apart, when you use the pocket jig you can still maintain the work for a long time and it will stay for longer time additionally, you can keep them hidden away from the view of people which will make your work look good and will make it tough.
How will a Pocket Hole Jig Work?
Before the introduction of pocket hole jigs, older carpenters still used to use pocket holes, which were difficult to make as they need to be made up in a configuration that it held both the pieces of wood in a place and drill the square hole to keep the end product look good.
Now as the pocket hole jigs are introduced they solve the problem by helping the material and drill it in the perfect position.
The modern jigs which are introduced nowadays come along with guide holes that help you to drill the hole in the perfect single straight hole every single time you use it, this feature allow you to easily and quickly prepare and assemble your project for professional-looking results.
Benefits of using Pocket Hole Jig?
If you have been using a pocket hole without a jig in the old fashioned traditional way then you must stop it, and start using this modern-day pocket hole jig. Pocket hole jig will amaze you with the benefits which it offers you.
- When you use the jig you provide yourself with the flexibility to make pocket holes anywhere on the body of your project by simply sliding the device into that particular place.
- Whether you are a beginner or a pro, you need to make something that will stand a long way; by using this you have assured a project that is long-lasting, strong, and good looking.
- This tool is like any other tool which will make your work easier at your workplace. The pocket jigs are designed to be easy and simple to be used they require no rocket science to work, even if you are at the beginner level you can use them easily by taking your own time and you will be surprised by the great-looking results that you will receive at the end of the work.
Important features you need to consider before buying a Pocket Hole Jig
As all the fingers of our hands are not the same similarly all the pocket hole jigs are not the same, they are created in a different way with different features, we have listed down below some of the important features that need to be taken into consideration before buying a pocket hole jig.
What is the intended use of the Pocket Hole Jig?
This is the main thing you need to consider before buying a jig, why do you need a pocket hole jig? When you go to purchase a pocket jig you need to hit yourself with this question that for what purpose you are going to utilize it for.
For instance, if you are only going to use it once in a blue moon then you must not go buy the most expensive one, but you need to make sure that the jig is made out of durable material and will last you longer.
The other thing you need to keep in mind is the types of materials and thickness on which you are going to use the pocket hole jig because it is going to hit you hard once you have bought the pocket hole jig and it is not working suitably on the material and thickness of your choice.
You might be using the drill with a pocket hole which you have previously but you might be feeling the hassle of using it together, that is why you should find a kit that combines both drill and the pocket hole jig.
- This combination will be longer than the normal pocket jig but will provide you with the benefit of both drill and a pocket hole jig.
- It can go inside the depth of the wood easily according to the desired depth of your choice.
- Though this feature is not essential but definitely this can prove to be of great help to you.
Many of the pocket hole jigs today available in the market come with all sorts of necessary accessories such as screws, clamps, bits, and wrenches.
These accessories will make sure that you have a pleasant time while using this device.
Make sure that you pay special attention to the direction of any jig system, this is the main thing as they will try to confuse you with all the different accessories which come with it, but you still need them for your workshop so it hardly matters that you get it with the kit or you buy it separately.
Most of the pocket hole jigs are available in the market are there to drill away the angle of 18, this is the angle that works perfectly for most of the projects, that is why it is important to find a jig that would allow you to adjust the angle of your drilling for any project you call for.
By adjusting the angle that you are drilling into the wood, you will be able to work and create a unique project that will last you longer and stronger.
The worse thing will be that you are stuck in the middle of the project just because your pocket hole jig is not allowing you to get the drill angle you desire for your work.
The whole purpose behind purchasing a pocket hole jig is that your work becomes precise and fast. Therefore, we recommend that you should purchase a less complicated jig system; this will maintain the speed of your work.
If you want to work with a complex pocket hole jig then you will for sure get fine results but you will take too long to complete your work.
No products found.
No products found.
Now, that we have mentioned above the important features that you need to consider before buying a pocket hole jig, below we have mentioned the best pocket hole jig that has all of the above-mentioned features in one way or the other, read the article further to determine which pocket hole jig you will need to purchase to satisfy your needs.
These were our top picks of the best pocket hole jig system for the money, hopefully, this article was helpful to you. Though all of these were best in their own way, we would like to prefer the Kreg Jig K4 pocket hole system.
It is designed simply and is the most versatile design available in the market. You can easily adjust the thickness of the material on which you are working, which increases the usefulness of the pocket hole jig.
Once, you set it up and get used to it, it becomes simple to use, the pocket holes are accurately spaced and the drill bit which comes with it makes it easy and quick to set the depth that you need in your drilling pieces.
People Also Bought
- Best Laser Distance Measuring Tools 2021
- Best Smoker Grills for Indoor & Outdoor Use
- Robotic vs Suction Pool Cleaners 2021
- Best 2 Stage Snow Blower Under $1000
- Best Powered Reel Lawn Mower 2021