Looking for the Mini Metal lathes that can be portable enough to fit into your desired place? It’s not easy to get all features in a small unit, but there are several lathes that do it work desirably best. To the people who want to know about the best mini lathes, we here at ReviewCart have provided you with the complete information about The Top 5 Mini Metal Lathes.
All the below listed Small Mini Metal lathes are well – designed, durable and provide toolmakers, model makers, gun hobbyist and the DIY machinist a way to inexpensively create threaded parts, small precision parts, dies, and fittings.
What is a Mini Metal Lathe?
- 1 What is a Mini Metal Lathe?
- 1.1 Shop Fox M1015 6-Inch by 10-Inch Micro Lathe
- 1.2 Generic 7 X 14 Mini Metal Lathe
- 1.3 Grizzly G0602 Bench Top Metal Lathe, 10 x 22-Inch
- 1.4 Erie Tools 7 x 14 Precision Bench Top Mini Metal Milling Lathe Variable Speed 2500 RPM & Digital Readout with 5 pc. Cutter Kit
- 1.5 Central Machinery 7 x 10 Precision Mini Lathe by Central Machinery
A mini metal lathe is a device that seizures a cylindrical material, which then cuts the material by moving a cutting tool to it. The material to be cut is determinedly fixed to the chuck of a lathe.
How does it work?
When the lathe is switched on, it touches a byte’s tip into the material as soon as the chuck starts rotating to create a mechanical part.
A word of caution
After examining our customer’s reviews, it’s important to let you know that all these home metal lathes will not work directly. They require assembly and oil to start working.
Few buyers advise or recommend taking a machine shop course at some university or college to obtain all the skills to fully utilize these mini lathes.
Without further ado, let’s look at the best-selling lathes that are popular these days on the market and make a final decision.
Shop Fox M1015 6-Inch by 10-Inch Micro Lathe
This Shop Fox Mini-Lathe is perfect for someone who wants a well-designed and durable machine that can fit in a small space.This Mini-Lathe offers tool makers, model makers, weekend machinist and the gun hobbyists, a way to carefully create threaded parts, small precision parts, fittings, and dies.
Created for the mini machine that has all the features and precision you want for small-scale turning. Indeed, it’s the best machine for scale model building. It contains 5″ Swing over a saddle, MT #1 Tailstock barrel taper, MT #2 Spindle taper, 3/8″ Spindle bore, 6″ Swing over bed and distance between centers 10″. Thread Cutting ability to cut threads 16, 18, 19, 20 24 TPI and also includes gear ratio threading chart to determine which gears to be used to acquire desired threads per inch. Shop Fox has feed rates approx. 0.002 inch and 0.004 inches per each revolution
- Auto and Manual Feed
- Convenient Control Panel
- Swing over cross slide: 4-1/8″
- Cross slide travel: 2-3/8″
- Variable speed 100-2000 RPM
- Motor: 1/5 HP, 110V,
- Single-phase, 1.2A
- 3″ 3-jaw chuck with internal /external jaws
- 4 hex wrenches
- Double-ended wrench
- Socket head wrench
- Oil cup
- An optional accessory is also available for a wide variety of setups.
- Cheap packing that leads to broken product
Generic 7 X 14 Mini Metal Lathe
Top metal lathe by Generic is constructed well that turn to be very valuable for both beginners and experts. The lathe is available in two optional colors orange or blue, has 120v/60Hz, 110mm Swing over Cross Slide, 35mm Top slide travel, Mt3 Spindle Taper, Mt2 Tailstock taper, 65mm Cross slide travel and distance between centers – 14″.
Generic Mini Metal Lathe is designed to work precisely and provide quiet belt drive. Therefore, this is an exceptional choice for people who are looking for a reasonably priced lathe.
- Variable Speed
- Induction Harden bed way
- Spindle accuracy of 0.01 mm
- 7″ Swing over Bed
- 550-watt motor
- 80mm chuck
- 20mm spindle bore
- Spindle speed from 0 to 2500 RMP
- People purchased this complaint about the plastic gears
- Few are disappointed with the broken parts received, however they were provided with their need or refund.
Grizzly G0602 Bench Top Metal Lathe, 10 x 22-Inch
Grizzly 10″ x 22″ Bench Top Metal Lathe is one of the top rated metal lathes that has the substantial capacity, enormous thread ranges, a larger chunk and a wider bed. Depending on the features like 3/4-inch x 12 TPI lead screw, a 1-inch spindle bore, and an MT3 tailstock, it cost little high. It’s perfect for creating parts for engines, models and also for repairs at home or shop.
Package includes five-inch three jaw chuck, 6 ½ inches four jaw chuck, 8-inch faceplate, and steady / follows rest and MT3 dead center. And also includes a four-way tool post, chip tray, backsplash, and oil bath gearbox and service tools. Thus, its worthy to invest in such a high-grade machine and it’s best for both small and large projects.
- Simple and easy to handle
- High-quality, Hardened V-bed, and nine longitudinal feeds
- It comes with six-speed settings
- Provides decent thread range
- Costly than the other unit
- Buyer’s complaints about the paint getting peel off
- Few say it’s difficult to assemble and change the speeds
- Little noisy
Erie Tools 7 x 14 Precision Bench Top Mini Metal Milling Lathe Variable Speed 2500 RPM & Digital Readout with 5 pc. Cutter Kit
The top mini metal lathe is useful, efficient and well – suited for several types of metal turning. It Includes chuck key, internal/external chuck jaws, 11 feed rate gears, user manual and five-piece carbide tipped cutter kit. With help of this, you can cut, drill and turn plastic, wood and metal parts with precision. Top Mini Metal Lathe provides 2500 RPM of turning power, a 7-inch swing and a 14-inch space between centers. The lathe of this unit can turn metal up to 84 cubic inches in size. The variable-speed of a motor can be adjusted from 50 to 2500 RPM in any rotational direction. This creates left-hand threading a choice.
The thread indicator helps users to utilize threads from 12 to 52 TPI with whichever metric or imperial pitches. Overall, the product is a good option with reasonable price and very powerful tool.
- Package Includes- Tool Bench mini lathe, MT2 Dead Center, MT3 Spindle Taper, Tailstock Taper, Complete set of plastic change gears and five-piece carbide tipped cutter kit.
- Construction is good
- Easy-to-read digital readout
- Safety features and power indicator
- Temperature Operating Range – 53°F to 95&d
- Customer’s complaints about the thread and speed gears are made up of plastic instead of metal.
- Few say that they received a damaged product lacks padding in the package.
Central Machinery 7 x 10 Precision Mini Lathe by Central Machinery
Central Machinery mini lathe is very effective and user-friendly. This meets all you’re requirements such as when you are counter facing, turning or making spindles, bushings, models or prototypes. This metal micro lathe machine can be used to make various tools it includes an automatic feed, a variable speed control knob, a chuck guard with a micro switch and Tailstock taper. It also helps you to use threads from 2 to 52 TPI and a tool post. The mini lathe offers a low speed from 0-1100 RMP and a high speed from 0-2500 RPM.
Users love its design, precision, and performance. One customer praises that although the package was damaged; the mini lathe was not damaged and came with all the parts. As a whole, this is an outstanding tool, but do note that it that the feed gears are plastic and also doesn’t come with any bits.
- It is very easy to use
- Corded-electric power source
- Minimum speed 0-1100 RMP
- Maximum speed 0-2500 RPM
- ETL listed Certification
- Difficult to find its replacement parts
- Instructions are not clearly mention
- Few customers face some problems with knob control and switch
- Best Snow Shovels
- Best Snow Roof Rakes
- Best Salt Spreaders
- Best Mattress Toppers
- Best Ice Therapy Machines
We have provided you with The Top 5 Mini Metal lathes that you won’t regret buying if you have any suggestion, please don’t hesitate to share with us.