Although spring seems to be taking her sweet time coming to certain areas, summer will undoubtedly be upon us soon and with summer comes the usual summer fun-barbeques, beach days, and of course, spending those lazy summer evenings around the pool drain pumps with friends. Before these summer days can begin, however, you have to make sure your pool is squared away from being covered over the winter; naturally, we do want leaves, dirt, and various insects to invade the pool so we take the necessary precautions to avoid this as best as possible, which is where pool covers water pumps come in. Unfortunately, even these may be a hassle to deal with at times, with the numerous puddles and debris that can accumulate on top of the cover, which you have to deal with before even uncovering the pool itself! how to pump water off pool cover?
This is where the best little giant pool cover pumps of 2018 come into play and we here at Review Cart will review them below:
Product Type HP GPH Buy Submersible Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump Submersible 1/4 350 Automatic Pool Cover Pump Submersible 1/6 350 Water Removal Pool Cover Pump Submersible 0.25 3000 Fibropool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump Submersible 0.25 600 Above Ground Pool Winter Cover Pump Submersible 1/4 350
Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump
- 1 Pumps Away 350 GPH Submersible Swimming Pool Winter Cover Pump
The Pumps Away pool cover pump comes equipped with a 25-foot cord that pumps at, approximately, 350 gallons per hour, which is fairly impressive. The Pumps Away is also 100% Submersible water pump for swimming pool and can be hooked up to most standard garden hoses! This pump is ideal for draining off all that extra water that may accumulate on your pool cover in the winter due to melting ice, rain, etc. Also, if needed, you can use the Pumps Away to pump out your entire pool/pump to get water off pool cover, pond, or well (and anything else you can think of)!
- The Pumps Away 350 GPH cost only about $30 bucks on Amazon, which is not too pricey at all; this pump is also incredibly durable, considering how inexpensive it is.
- The removable part of the cover pump is a bit loose so it can come off fairly easily, which can obviously be an irritation.
- Also, although it pumps 350 GPH, it can pump kind of slow, while also being incredibly loud at the same time.
Little Giant 5-APCP Automatic Pool Cover Pump, Submersible Pump, 1/6 HP, 115V
The Little Giant automatic pool cover pump costs about $160.00 on Amazon and safeguards pool covers from prolonged accumulation of rain or melting snow that always occurs during the end of winter. The automatic switch will turn on when the water level is at, or above 3 1/4″, and will automatically turn off when the level drops to 1 3/4″, which is a handy feature; it can also pump down to 1/8″ of water in manual mode. The Little Giant also comes with a submersible pump that can be operated in either automatic or manual modes to suit any circumstance; there is an added feature of a garden hose adaptor that is included. This particular pump comes with a 25-foot power cord so need to worry about the cord not being long enough and having to continually unplug and plug it up if you have a large size pool.
- There is a versatile pump that includes a stabilizing plate and automatic pool cover pump switch, both of which are removable, allowing the pump to be used in a variety of other applications, as needed.
- The automatic switch activates in approximately 2-1/4″ of water and comes with a two year warranty for your peace of mind.
- Although the pump is incredibly durable, it has broken down, on occasion, only after a few uses.
- The pump itself would also run, but would not actually pump any water off of the cover, which can naturally be a frustrating experience.
WAYNE WAPC250 1/4 HP Automatic ON/OFF Water Removal Pool Cover Pump
The WAYNE WAPC250 costs $150.00 on Amazon (a bit more if you decide to add on a protection plan) and is equipped with iSwitch technology which turns the pump on and off by sensing the presence of water; simply plug in and leave the pump unattended for worry-free water removal while you go about other chores. The strainer base that comes with this pump filters debris to minimize clogging and to prevent the pump from tipping over; there is also an automatic freeze protection within the iSwitch technology to prevent pump damage in any extreme temperatures. Additional features include an Auto On option that activates when water at, or above 2 1/8 in., has been detected; the Auto Off option activates when water at, or below 3/4 in. has been detected.
- The WAYNE WAPC250 is energy efficient, completely oil-free and with high flow; it empties any standing water at an impressive rate.
- The design of the pump, although fairly stable, causing the motor to fail pretty easily, with it ceasing to work only after several uses in some cases.
Fibropool Electric Swimming Pool Winter Cover Drain Pump (600 GPH)
This particular pump is one of the most inexpensive pumps currently on the market, costing only about 30 bucks on Amazon. The Fibropool Pump is designed for both in ground and above ground pools and is a durable, lightweight chassis that will not weigh down pool covers. The Fibropool pump comes with a 16-foot power cord that plugs into any standard 110 volt wall outlet, as well as a 16-foot drainage hose that effectively and efficiently removes water from any pool depth.
- The lightweight design of the Fibropool reduces the chances of weighing down your pool cover, while pumping at a rate of 600 gallons per hour, which is impressive.
- The drainage hose that comes with this pump can snap off fairly easily and even though it removes water pretty well when it is working at full capacity, the plastic that the pump is made from is pretty cheap, thus making for a not-so-durable build.
Blue Wave Dredger Jr. 350 GPH Above Ground Pool Winter Cover Pump
The Blue Wave Dredger Jr. approximately pumps up to 350 gallons per hour and comes equipped with a manual on/off switch. This pump is also fully submersible and includes a foam inlet filter, as well as a stabilizing base platform that prevents the pump from moving too much while it is on or tipping over. The Blue Wave Jr. removes water to within 1/8-inch deep and comes with a garden hose adapter and 25-foot power cord.
- This is an amazing pump even in extreme temperatures and can be pretty efficient, even though it is relatively small in size. Also, as we say below, the pump can pump to remove water from pool cover somewhat slowly, it is incredibly reliable for it so be so inexpensive.
- This is another water removal pool cover pump where the attachment hose can come off easily after one too many uses; also, although it is advertised that it pumps up to 350 gallons per hour, this does not seem to be the case, with the pump actually only removing a gallon of water every 2-3 minutes (obviously it can take quite a while to reach 350 gallons).
- Best Fold Down Chair Flip Out Lounger Convertible Sleeper Bed Couch
- Best Beach Canopy Reviewed for Summer 2018
- Best Two Wheel Self Balancing Electric Scooter Price 2018
- Best Dog Leg Braces for Torn acl 2018
- Top 5 Best Mini Food Processor for Nut Butter
- Best Lift Chairs for Elderly People (seniors)
It seems to be that out of this group, the Blue Wave Dredger could be a good fit if you are looking for a best inground pool cover pump on a budget, naturally, if you don’t mind spending a few extra dollars, there are several other pumps out there that may work for your needs as well. Regardless of what brand you purchase, be sure to by a good protection plan for it as well!