Let’s imagine if you are going for a party wearing a nice and expensive suit but it is not ironed properly because you have invested in a bad quality iron then? If you wear expensive clothes but they are not ironed properly hey will lose their grace itself but if you are wearing not so expensive dress but it is ironed properly it will look sophisticated and graceful.
Iron is a must have at every household and it is considered as an investment, but it is equally important to know that where are you putting your hard earned money whether you are investing it on a good quality product or on a bad quality product.
- It is not compulsory that to have a good quality iron you need to invest in an expensive iron you can get a good quality iron at reasonable rates.
- Now here come the company with this feature now, Rowenta is known as one of the best manufacturers for irons in the market today; the name is trusted by many people and is believed to be reliable, so we decided to explore their best irons available in the market.
- Rowenta offers a wide range and varieties of irons which suits everyone’s budget, taste and needs.
- Rowenta is among the top-sellers for irons on Amazon and there is a reason behind it that Rowenta has always strived to give best of everything to the costumes they understood the importance of growing laundry care in mind of people and fulfilled their needs in desirable rates.
There are many things that you need to keep in mind before buying an iron such as steaming features, auto-shut off function etc. to make it easy for you guys we have prepared a buyer’s guide that will take you through the different aspects you need to consider before buying an iron.
Best Rowenta Steam Iron Features & Buyer’s Guide
- 1 Best Rowenta Steam Iron Features & Buyer’s Guide
- 2 Top Rated Rowenta Steam Iron Reviews 2019
- 2.1 Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence
- 2.2 Rowenta Dw5080 Focus
- 2.3 Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam
- 2.4 Rowenta DW5197 Focous Steam
- 2.5 Rowenta DW 8080 Pro Master
- 2.6 Rowenta DW7180 Ever Last
- 2.7 Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort
- 2.8 Rowenta DW9250 Steam Power
- 2.9 Rowenta DW2190 Access Steam
- 2.10 Rowenta DW8061 Professional
Nowadays irons come with endless steaming features, so you need to pick the best one according to your need and the one you can take full advantage of. Some of the options available in the market include vertical steam; automatic steam which we think is the best option because it automatically adjusts the temperature other options include the variable steam knobs and steam burst for those stubborn wrinkles that are hard to remove. This feature is not among the best feature that decides whether the iron is perfect or not.
Holes On Sole Plate And Material:
Now this feature matters the most you need to be aware of the holes on your sole plate and material which is being used to make the sole plate, if you are wondering that what is a sole plate then it is the bottom of the iron that heats and releases steam over your garment when you move it over the garment. So always remember that more the number of holes on the sole plate more evenly the heat distributes over the garment.
Everyone likes to owe an iron that comes with safety features because miss happening can take place at any time or you can burn your favourite dress. It’s very common that we carelessly harm ourselves and our surroundings by forgetting to unplug the iron so to avoid the situation like this we should buy an iron that comes with safety features.
- Rowenta comes with many safety features such as automatic shut off, the standard Rowenta irons shut off after 30 seconds if it is left horizontally or after 30 seconds if knocked over and after 8 minutes if left sitting upright which helps to reduce electricity consumption also.
- You can face a problem with these irons when you need to keep your iron hot for a longer period of time as these constant cut-offs may result in frustration.
Water capacity varies from iron to iron. Mostly all of the standard irons hold approximately 12 Oz of water, which means that there will be continuous steam for around 30 minutes. If you are a zealous ironer and have a lot of work to do then you should go for larger tank capacity such as 47 Oz. which will last you up to 2 hours of continuous ironing.
Overall Weight Of Product:
The weight of the iron is not an important feature that needs to be pondered for those who occasionally iron the clothes and that too for a short period of time. Although, if you are among the ones who use their irons multiple times then holding up a heavy iron can be a painful option you can’t even control the iron properly and handle it which can lead to accidents or injury. Always search for an iron that is below 5 lb. or even less depending upon the strength of your arm.
This is the most important feature which should be kept in mind while choosing an iron because you need to control the temperature of iron while using it on different clothes. Many irons offer you the design that allows you to set the temperature between low and high by turning the knob while other irons offer you the options to choose between types of fabric such as cotton, silk, wool, satin. But it all depends upon you how comfortable are you with your iron and the fabric you are using.
Length Of The Cord:
Now, this can also be an important factor while deciding to buy an iron, length of the cord is also an important feature if you buy an iron with shorter cord length you need to struggle with ironing board.
- It all depends upon your setting of the material like how have set up the entire ironing set up do you require a long cord length or a shorter one if you choose the wrong chord length everything will be messy and ruined.
- A good measurement of cord length you need to look for is 5 to 7 feet which will help you with extended ironing options.
After keeping all these features mentioned in our buyer’s guide we have gone through many product reviews, products and ratings to make it easier for you to choose the perfect iron according to your needs.
Top Rated Rowenta Steam Iron Reviews 2019
Product Watts Microsteam holes Check Out Rowenta DW6080 Eco-Intelligence 1700 W 400 holes Rowenta Dw5080 Focus 1700 W 400 holes Rowenta DG8520 Perfect Steam 1800 W 400 holes Rowenta DW5197 Focous Steam 1800 W 400 holes Rowenta DW 8080 Pro Master 1700 W 400 holes Rowenta DW7180 Everlast 1750 W 400 holes Rowenta DW2070 Effective Comfort 1600 W 300 holes Rowenta DW9250 Steam Power 1750 W 400 holes Rowenta DW2190 Access Steam 1500 W 300 holes Rowenta DW8061 Professional 1715 W 330 holes
If you want an appliance who saves energy and is eco-friendly then this Rowenta DW 6080 eco-intelligence iron is your option this iron will not only save energy but will also save your money in your electricity bills. It comes with various feature and high technology design while being user and energy friendly.
- The 3de soleplate is placed below the soleplate which creates concentrated steam below the soleplate and reduces the amount of steam lost and produces less steam.
- The eco-friendly design of this iron gives 1700 watts of power to this iron and this iron uses 25% of less energy as compared to other irons in the market.
- The Eco steam system which is installed in this iron has multiple setting options which include a perfect finish that is dry ironing, Eco stands for energy saving steam and boost stands for stubborn creases.
- It has 3-way auto shut off which will give you the sense of calmness if you suddenly remember that you have left you your iron plugged in as the iron will shut off if it is left unattended for few seconds.
The grip of the iron is soft and comes with an ergonomic rotary trigger which is very smooth to use and both left and right-handed users can use it. Other cool features include a self-cleaning system, vertical steaming option and cool spray mist.
- It has an energy saving design.
- It comes with 3 – way safety shut off a system
- For convenient use, it has a 7-foot electrical cord.
- It has one-touch control
- It comes with an anti-drip system
- Its soleplate is scratch resistant and has precision point so that it can flatten any crease on your dress.
- Its lifespan is lesser than the other Rowenta irons.
Rowenta focus has its spot on the list among the top irons available in the market because this is one of the most affordable irons with its all in one ideal option for everyday use. This iron is no rocket science but is a simple iron with great functions which includes a smoothly gliding stainless steel soleplate with a precision tip which would flatten any crease in every corner of the cloth which is hard to reach awkward angles.
- This iron has a planted micro-steam design that has 400 holes in it for perfect distribution of steam.
- The thermostat knob is a hassle-free way to set the temperature and comes with simple to use options like silk, cotton, wool and linen.
- For safety, it comes with an auto shut off option which will shut off the iron after 30 seconds when it is left laying over and after 8 minutes when it is left sitting upright in a vertical position.
- It comes along with 10 oz. of the water tank that can be filled with tap water and has an anti-calcium system and self-cleaning option.
- It is enough heavy for pressed garments.
- It has a lengthy cord which results in easy ironing.
- Its water tank can be filled with tap water.
- Sometimes water leaks.
If you are among those who need a heavy iron for long term use then we have got you covered because Rowenta perfect steam iron has one of the largest water capacities among the other irons available in the market, it has a water tank of 32 oz. that is designed for continuous ironing up to 1.5 hours.
- It’s perfect for those who have large households, seamstress work or a DIY sewing enthusiast.
- Its soleplate has 400 holes which provide constant high steam.
- This perfect iron has 5 bars of pressure which help you to remove stubborn wrinkles; it saves your 25% of energy which makes it to an eco-friendly option.
- It comes with an anti-scale system which prevents calcium build up.
- It has an option of eco setting which allows you to save up to 25% of energy.
- It has high power steam option which allows you to iron constantly for 1.5 hours.
- It has a comfortable grip handle.
- It has a removable tank for easy filling of water.
- It is bulkier in size and requires large storage space.
- It is expensive.
If you have a great passion for fashion designing or you are sewing enthusiast or a DIY crafter then ROWENTA DW 5197 FOCOUS STEAM is your top pick. It designed by keeping those in mind who use an iron for a longer period of time, which allows keeping it heated for a longer period of time as it doesn’t have auto shut off option.
- This iron has a smooth gliding steel soleplate which glides smoothly without sticking on many fabrics additionally it has a precision tip for all those hard to reach awkward areas such as collars, buttonholes, zippers and other tight areas.
- This iron is a 1725 watt iron that has an easy to read thermostat knob, its sole plate has 400 holes which evenly distributes the steam, the various steam features of the iron includes auto steam option which adjusts the output of steam based on the temperature of the sole plate, burst of steam and vertical steam for all the upright needs.
The system of the iron is self-cleaning, anti-drip and anti-calcium, therefore, you can iron at low temperatures without any leaks.
- It has a crystal tank with graduated lines which keep a check on the water levels.
- It doesn’t have any automatic shut off for longer ironing periods.
- It has easy to read and use a thermostat.
- It has automatic steam with self-adjusting temperature.
- It has a smaller water tank which needs to be refilled regularly.
- It tends to leak after long use.
Rowenta pro master is one of the most affordable irons it has a very unique and sleek design, it is perfect for those who love stylish appliances but on a budget, the sole of the iron is made out of polished stainless steel which glides perfectly on the fabric.
It is a professional grade iron with a stainless steel soleplate which features 400 micro holes for even distribution of steam each time you iron your fabric and a precision tip. Steam options include variable steam, steam burst and cool mist spray option.
The Rowenta pro master iron is a 1700 watt iron which has an anti-drip system and is also self-cleaning, the water tank which is included in the iron can be filled up to 12.7 oz. with water directly from the tap.
- It comes with 1 year advertised warranty.
- It smoothes out the wrinkle in one single pass.
- It has an extra-long burst of a steam option.
- Its grip is comfortable to handle.
- Its 7-foot cord allows you to iron your fabric comfortably.
- It doesn’t come with a water level indicator.
- Water tends to leak after long use.
The Rowenta ever last is equipped with a self-cleaning system and lots of great ironing features. It has many of the patented Rowenta functions and a very useful design that is perfect for everyday home use.
- This iron includes limescale that extracts 1 tsp. of limescale from the used tap water, after 3 months it collects around 1 tsp. depending upon the hardness of water.
- This feature makes this iron unique and the collector is easy to remove and empty and it is for that you can use for a longer period of time.
- Its water tank can collect water up to 12-oz. that will last you good 30 minutes of continuous steaming with the powerful steam option for not so easy wrinkles and auto steam that will automatically adjust the temperature of steam plates and anti-drip is best for fabric which requires low temperature.
- It has an auto steam feature.
- It has a powerful steam shot for stubborn and not so easy to go away wrinkles.
- It comes with a self-cleaning option.
- It has a unique limescale collector for hard tap water.
- Its steam function decreases over time.
- The irons heating element fails over time.
Rowenta effective comfort iron has a special thumb grip for a comfortable ironing experience. This lightweight iron includes an anti-drip system and 3-way safeties shut off option for relief even if you forget to unplug it after using it. It comes with a stainless steel soleplate that is scratch resistant and has 300 holes in its steam plates that adjust the variation of steam.
This iron also has a self-cleaning system that helps to prolong the life of the iron. It also has an anti-calcium system that removes all the mineral deposits from the iron, this iron is a great budget-friendly option.
- It has an effective comfort design.
- It is budget friendly.
- It has a 7-foot cord.
- Water tends to leek after prolonged use.
- It has a small water tank of 8.4 oz. only.
If you want a lightweight iron with a sleek design then you should go for Rowenta DW 9250 steam power which is just 1.5 lb. which comes in as one of the most affordable options in the market and this is enough for us to understand why so many users love it.
This lightweight iron has a perfect precision tip which will precisely iron the hard to reach areas and has 70 steam holes in its soleplate which will completely distribute the steam all over on the fabric; cheery on the pie is that precision tip gives you an advanced distribution of steam that gives you professional quality results.
It has two steam options one is a powerful variable steam option and the other is a burst of a steam option to fight those tough wrinkles that need an extra boost of energy.
- It has a steam boost option for those stubborn wrinkles.
- It has an anti-scale and anti-calcium option which removes the impurities from the iron and prolongs the life of the iron.
- It weighs only for 1.5 lb.
- It has no on-off switch.
- Its cord length is just 84 inches.
If you simply want a basic iron that is easy to use and is easy to store then you should go for Rowenta DW 2190 access steam, it has a 7-foot power cord that reels back partially or fully for effective use and storage. It doesn’t only have a long cord with convenient storage but comes with automatic temperature settings you just have to set it on delicate, normal and max.
The auto steam automatically determines the temperature of the sole plate; strong burst is for stubborn wrinkles and vertical steam for upright needs and a comfortable hand grip that helps you to comfortably iron the fabric.
The iron is equipped with safety shut off features, anti-drip technology and anti-calcium technology which prevents hard water deposits.
- It comes with 7-foot automatic reel cord.
- It has a comfortable hand grip.
- It has an ergonomic temperature control system.
- For safety purposes, it has an auto-off option.
- It consumes less power.
If you want a professional iron than Rowenta DW 8061 professional is your pick, it is designed to be easily used at home, it has an ergonomic design for perfect ironing.
This iron works perfectly for everyone and its sole plate has 330 micro steam holes with highly polished stainless steel which glides smoothly over the fabric.
The 175 watts of power is consumed by this iron and has an anti-drip system and an anti-calcium system for prevention of calcium build up.
- It has multiple streaming options.
- It comes with an ergonomic dial.
- It has steam boost technology.
- Anti-calcium system prevents calcium build up.
- You cannot see the water levels easily.
- Best Pillows For Babies 2019 Reviews
- Best Wireless Intercom System For Home Use 2019 Reviews
- Best Beach Carts with Big Wheels for Soft Sand 2019 Reviews
- Best Automatic Dive Watches Under $500
- Best Water Softener for Extremely Hard Water 2019 Reviews
- Best Quality All In One Record Player with Speakers 2019
After going through all of the Rowenta irons mentioned, we would recommend Rowenta DW6080 ECO INTELLIGENCE because of its eco-friendly design and various features, it heats up fast but at the same time it saves energy up to 25% and its micro steam 3DE sole plate has a precision tip that deals with stubborn fabrics by reaching out to every hard to reach corner.